mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Would any of you guys be able to make a ride next week...Wed. or Thurs. possibly Fri.

A couple of us from down under( south Louisiana :laugh: ) are making plans to go.

Matt

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Monkster: Maybe we should think about hitting the Kiamichi the day after Christmas. Might be my last time before Jimbo takes off for college, and I'd like him to see that country.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I'm up for anything. My name is mud no matter what I do on The Day After. That is the second biggest holiday in my family: all the women-folk go shopping. I've made hints that I might not be around to watch the kids. I didn't have to duck, nor did I get hit with anything. That's as good as permission in my book.

Friday is a distinct possibility too. I did some MX at Nocona last weekend. It was awesome... and very, very humbling. I've got the bug to ride pretty bad again. I'll have to broach the Friday thing tonight...

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Got an update. I did have to duck when I brought up the Friday thing. I forgot I had committed to some family stuff. So, Monday it is. That being the case, how far is it to drive to Kiamichi? I'm up for anything, but would like to maximize the riding time as much as possible. I'm under the impression that it's like 2-3 hours to Kiamichi... Is it that far?

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Jim,

I'll be up at Muenster first thing Friday with Benjamin, Daniel, and possibly my youngest, Joseph.

I'm off work all next week, so I'm looking to ride as much as my wife can tolerate! :-)
Kiamichi on Monday sounds very good. I'd like to do that as well. I'll have to see. I'd like my sons to get to ride that. We're also going to visit Barnwell sometime next week (weather permitting...).

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I'd go Friday, but I have plans to do shelves in my garage. My dad will be down from Kansas to help, so I'm fairly comitted. Besides, I have to give the bike the space it deserves and get all the other crap off the floor :)

I'm off work until 1/3/06, so I might be up for a ride the week after Christmas, maybe meet some of you guys I haven't ridden with yet.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I may have spoken too soon about Monday. My mother is coming to visit and she may object to my going riding during the week she's here. I'll just have to see. Kiamichi is 3.25 hours from McKinney. Mapquest Talimena St. Park, Oklahoma, for directions. The only good way to ride the Kiamooch is to go up the night before and camp, get up and ride the next day, and leave at dark, getting home about 9 p.m. I now have two bikes fitted with headlights, and I bought a cheap LED helmet light for the third bike, just in case we ever get caught after dark (again). Riding the Indian Nations Trail at night with no lights is a real experience, believe me. Anyway, I'm definite for Friday. It's my wife's birthday, but she's working that day. My mother is flying in that evening, but she'll be OK if I'm not there to pick her up. I need to get home in time to cook dinner for my wife and get her presents ready.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
D'oh. Yeah, I couldn't leave Christmas night. That wouldn't fly.

So, if JMD bails, is anybody else going to Muenster on Monday?

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
sgifford said:
mafols,

If you're coming from south Lousiana, you might check out Barnwell. It might be closer to you, and it's also a great riding park. Not quite as big as Muenster, but still a big place with a nice variety of terrain.

You can get more info here:
http://texasmotorizedtrails.com/Off-Road+Areas/BMRA+-+Barnwell+Mountain+Recreational+Area

I'll hopefully be going there with my sons sometime next week.

I am indeed a member of the TMTC :cool: We've gone to Barnwell the last 2 years for New Years. I really love that place.....however the guys that I am going with are from my local dealer and are meeting up with a KTM sales rep. from the San Antonio area for a little R&R (ripping and ridin' :laugh: ). Besides, a new location is always a treat for me....can't wait to get a little sample of the location of LMS.

From the looks of it ...we'll have the place all to ourselves. :nod:

Any recommendations on a place to sleep...should we stay in Muenster or drive somewhere else??

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
There is one motel in Muenster, the A-OK, 940-759-2268. The Turtle Hill resort is just five miles from the riding park. It has cabins to rent, but they're expensive. Each cabin has four rooms, with two beds in each room, so a bunch of guys could chip in. You could call (940)759-2120. We usually just camp out, though. Hope to see you up there one way or another.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'll be there with three sons and a daughter, and a friend with a huge trailer full of bikes and newbies. I have the pavilion reserved. Come park with us.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
JMD said:
There is one motel in Muenster, the A-OK, 940-759-2268. The Turtle Hill resort is just five miles from the riding park. It has cabins to rent, but they're expensive. Each cabin has four rooms, with two beds in each room, so a bunch of guys could chip in. You could call (940)759-2120. We usually just camp out, though. Hope to see you up there one way or another.

I saw the A-OK motel on the RRMT website...just wanted to make sure that they were really A OK :cool:

Don't know if we'll be sticking around long enough to ride on Fri. am.....if so, we'll look ya' up.

Thanks

Matt

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I have to work Friday. We might be there Monday if anyone else will be there...

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I will try for the week after Christmas. I have to make a trip to Austin and I am not sure what day yet. A munster trip will be the other day. I will be on the lookout for someone going. I have a Doc apt on Tuesday and the last time I did not walk for 2 days (very well). I will be playing it day by day on the riding trip.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Butch,

Hope you and Lorin make it. Let us know if you do end up going.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
I'd like to be there Jim but my bike is at SMS right now . It was good to see you and Allen at the trails last weekend . Would have liked to ride with yall but I was with some newbes . The guy I was looking for when I stop to talk to you was his first ride on a dirtbike . He has rode Harleys but not dirt . So it was a bunch of slow riding . Still had fun . I might be out there next weekend .

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am going up to Munster on Monday if everything goes as planned. I will head into the second gate and will try to find a spot down the hill on the right in the usual gathering areas. I am packing now so look for the red Nissan PU with a black trailer and blue yamahopper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom