Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Charlie,
there is a pretty good size group of us headed to crossbar in OK next weekend.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am planning on taking some time to go riding this weekend. Saturday will work but I have nothing planned but working on the shop. I have not been to Crossbar yet? I will keep monitoring the posts.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Charlie, I'll be out at Muenster Saturday, but I'll be with my daughter and her boyfriend, so I'll be herding newbies most of the day.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Plans are in the air for me at this point. If anyone is still heading to Crossbar that may be on the agenda. Or Muenster as a default. Hoping to make a road trip to Colorado to pick up a new bike though. Anyone up for a road trip? I hear the riding in Colorado is pretty nice...

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
JMD said:
Getting a new 85, Brian?
Almost 6 of them from what I hear.

I'm still waiting on a Crossbar or Muenster decision. I guess the plan is "head north".

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am on standby. Either place will work for me. I am always happy at Munster but always up for something different. Did I see rain in the forcast for this weekend?

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I'll be riding with 2 of my sons and a couple of other guys at Barnwell Saturday. I got my 1986 XR100 back together and it runs great! My youngest, Joseph, will be riding that. I love that little bike. I'm going to keep it around for the grandkids (when I have some someday...) when my sons outgrow it.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I never left home this weekend. My family rescheduled my weekend and with the weather being cold, I did what I had to. Maybe next weekend. I miss chasing the smack pack.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Muenster was cold, but fun. Not crowded, for sure. Thanks to Grady, Brian, Proxy, Cody, and Chris for a fun ride. I also enjoyed throwing gasoline on the campfire. But who doesn't?

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
JMD said:
I also enjoyed throwing gasoline on the campfire. But who doesn't?

My eyebrows :cool:

Good to see you again Jim. I think I put in some serious miles that day. Hard to tell since I forgot my usual gadgetry.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Proxy: it's funny. I didn't ride that many miles, but I was exhausted when I got home. I didn't even want to unload the trailer, let alone wash the bikes. Maybe the cold weather took more out of me than I thought. Or maybe I'm in terrible shape. I prefer to blame the weather.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Sounds like I missed a good time. I was out in the shop all day and it warmed up a little as the day progressed. At one point I was wishing I went. I wussed out but got a lot done.

JIM, IT WAS THE WEATHER! IT HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, Randy. Every time I get tired, there's some kind of weather all around me -- cold, hot, balmy, sunny, cloudy. It doesn't seem to matter. Any kind of weather just tires me out.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I still haven't washed Muenster off of the YZ. I'm kinda proud of it.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
BSWIFT said:
I still haven't washed Muenster off of the YZ. I'm kinda proud of it.

One word:

"SALT"

There is some salt in the water up there. I very rarely leave Muenster dirt on my bike. Wash that sucker ASAP!

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Barnwell was nice. Farther east, it was warmer than the metroplex. My son Benjamin and I rode with a guy I work with (Mike), and his father-in-law (Jim). Had a nice time taking them around Barnwell.

Benjamin and I stayed true to our habit of trying to climb hills we probably shouldn't! One steep rocky hill had some big rock steps right at the top. It took the two of us to get his light bike (XR200) up to the top. After doing that, I looked down at my XR650 laying on its side down the hill below us and thought "what was I thinking bringing the BEAST up here?" I turned it around and made it down the hill with only a broken handguard and bruised ankle. :-) Thank goodness for boots...

I need to do a better job of applying some fatherly wisdom before we take insane hills. :-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom