cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
when i lift i always seem to all the sudden feel sick w/ a dry mouth and an upset stomach. i know im getting dehydrated but i drink alot of water before i go and also inbetween reps i drink a little. could eating dinner about a 1/2 hour before lifting have something to do w/ it? i also dont seem to sweat that much, but my face turns cherry red? is this from not having enough fluids in me?

Luft

Dec 24, 2002
I have read in several places that you are not supposed to eat a meal 2 hours before your workout otherwise you mess up your digestion. A snack is allowed 20 minutes prior to your workout. I've tried all the different water rules and they don't really work for me. Water is important but it can be overdone. If I drink 2 gallons a day based on body weight I'm pissing all the time and that's too much interruption. Hydrate before and after based on your comfort level. You could weigh yourself before and after your workout to determine the amount of water lost during exercise and replenish accordingly. Some people don't sweat at all and get very red in the face.

Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
I wouldn't worry about eating right before working out, unless you eat a huge meal. I always eat before I lift. The key to preventing dehydration is to drink water all day, not just before and after a workout. Your urine will be clear if you are drinking plenty of water.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I get sick if I don't wait a couple hrs after I eat. If anything I'll have a protien shack about an 1 1/2 hr before I go. Another thing is if eat that soon then your blood is going to the stomach to help digest the food instead of going to the muscles that you are working. If you feel you need to eat try 1/2 a protien shake or a small box of raisins, maybe 1/2 protien bar. Make sure you drink plenty of water thru out the day.

Top Bottom