Delta VForce111

GP - I am in your position also. Does anyone know what advantages there might be with the DFIII over the DFII??

JasonWho,

I couldn't find specs on the old tractor, but the new replacement is at about 1300 ft. lbs. of torque. Maybe if I hook two or three KDX's together??... ;)

Ask mototassinari. Check their website for phone/email info.

They are putting out a 'new' version this fall/winter that will have a jig-bored flange. That will resolve the 'holes don't line up' issue on their (currently) hand-drilled units.

I hope there is a great performance difference between the vforce II and III. The difference in cost is about $100. I currently own Vforce II and defintely see a difference in throttle response and overall power from top to bottom over stock and Boyenson power reeds. But for about $325 I will porbably have my KDX re-ported at Eric Gorr shop over buying the Vforce III. SEE ANY throttle response and overall power difference between Vforce II and III?

That's why the reference to phone/email info.......their website doesn't have much in the way of information.

Give 'em a call and ask about it.

$325 for a reed cage? I wouldn't expect the difference to be worth that much..whatever the difference is.

BucKat

Subscriber
$325 for a reed cage? Man I hope that's in Canadian Dollars..

I think I'm liking the RB mod 607 reed combo....
Then the Delta Reed set the next year...

Keep the input comm'n.....

Buc

Here's the "gist" of my call to Mototassinari -

- New DF III is currently available for snowmobiles. Dirt bike version is coming in early '04.
- The re-design includes a "snap-together" cage; longer reeds; an inability to "mix-up" reed types/sizes during replacement.
- Snowmobile tests show some increase in H/P over the DF II.
- NO HIGH/LOW SETTING.
- Price will remain the same.

I'm interested in the ability to have a "high/low" setting. I think I'll jump now !

Thanks farmerj.
I mailed them a couple of times but no response.
Getting up in the middle of the night to make a phone call to the States.....Did'nt get that far.

I will go for the flexibility of the DF11.

I made a follow-up call today and talked with Jeff at Mototassinari.

My question? "Will the DF II give better low end performance than the DF III, given that the DF III will have a 'fixed' tension setting?".

His response? "The DF III mold for the KDX hasn't even been made yet. It probably won't be available until next spring. But since it is a woods bike, the reed petals will be selected with that in mind (lighter?), and the design takes into account low-end need."

I think he said that the new DF III is a four-petal system, and I took his comments to mean that he doesn't think there will be any low-end loss in the new design. But in response to my question, "Should I wait for the DF III?" he said, "The DF II works really well in the KDX. I'd go with it now".

So I thought I'd give those of you who are interested an update. The loss of a "low" tension setting doesn't necessarily mean less low-end performance...necessarily!

BucKat

Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback. :thumb:

Buc

- and if you check the snowmobile part of Mototassinari's website you can see pictures & read a description of the DF III...