Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Ok, I'm just curious about some female (and male) opinions.

My fiancee is an admitted "girly" girl. Good homemaker, GREAT cook, likes all things domestic, and not really ever exposed to "playing" in the great outdoors. I, on the other hand.....Indiana farm boy that can drive anything with wheels, wings, or tracks and been on two wheels for over 25 years.
I know that I'll NEVER get her on two wheels by herself, so I let her try out my sisters Grizzly. She LOVES it. Slow enough for her and she doesn't have to worry about falling off, and electric start and no gears to shift.

So, my question. Did I sell out and go the easy route by getting her a 4 wheeler of her own??? At least we CAN go out riding together now, even if she's just a beginner and doesn't keep up too well, let alone trying to climb any hills or go too fast.
I think it's gonna be a good way for us to enjoy riding (even if she has to use a "wheelchair") and maybe, MAYBE she'll want something more manuevable and lighter with less wheels some day.

also keep in mind....she's 40 and I'm teaching this California girl how to swim too!!! (not much water in the high desert of victorville)

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
At least you got her out there!!! Four wheels or two wheels doesn't matter.... Maybe after she gets used to the 4-wheeler you can let her take a spin on the bike and you never know, she may just like it.... What I need is woman that can smoke me on a bike!! That would be sweet!!!! ;)

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Nah, you didn't sell out, you bought in. You got her outside having a good time and you can do it together. Note: don't push.
Before long she'll be spitting on the dirt and calling herself a farm girl. ;)

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Most all of us learned using 'training wheels' too so maybe someday, she'll be ready to take them off! ;) I think it's a great idea just to get her to ride. :cool:
Four wheels or two wheels doesn't matter....
:scream: Joust, shame on you!! :confused:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I don't think you sold out at all! If she feels better on the quad, then go have fun together. I think YOU sound pretty awesome for giving her this kind of support.

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
Quote:
Four wheels or two wheels doesn't matter....

Joust, shame on you!!

Shame on me??? I would always choose two wheels, all I was saying is it's cool that he at least got her out there!!! ;)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
same boat here, the wife has my old beast. The only problem is trying to get to MX tracks. She always wants to take leisurely rides on the back roads :think: But count your blessings that she is willing to ride with you. :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey you got her in the dirt, that's great. Maybe someday she'll want to step up . . . and maybe not. But at least you won't get the "You're going riding again?" speech.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Only because I'm in the ladie's room will I refrain FC. :p

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Nah man, you ain't sold out. Sounds great to me. My wife is an Arkansas hillbilly who would rather go shopping at the mall than ride anything in the dirt. (Can you believe it!?!)

If she wanted a 4-wheeler, I'd be happier than a pig in the sunshine. I'm trying to get my 6 year old daughter interested. She seems to take after my wife. That leaves me to just ride with the fellas.

mkuder

Jan 3, 2002
Your definetly not selling out and you accomadated her in a comfortable fashion (car, four wheeler what's the diff?), if she goes out with you great. My wife doesn't go out to the track but she does ride out in the backyard once and awhile so in the future hopefully we'll all go camping/trail riding together!!! :aj:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Hey man there`s nothing wrong with a quad in fact in some instances i prefer one over a bike(sand,Washington states logging roads). 4th of July weekend I couldn`t even get my wife on my buddies quad but couldn`t keep my 3yr old daughter off it. The little goofball couldn`t get enough. My wife prefers being chauffered around by someone else.

Steve

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
You are outdoors with your other half enjoying the outdoors together how could you be selling out?

Selling out would be getting together with someone who hates motorcycles and thinks you should sell yours in the paper next weekend.

I think you are doing fine!

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
Hey you got her in the dirt, that's great. Maybe someday she'll want to step up . . . and maybe not. But at least you won't get the "You're going riding again?" speech.

:)
What's the matter Okie, don't think the ladies are tough enough? ;)

Hogwylde, you're awesome, now she can enjoy the dirt too!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Nope.... you're cool.

Bottom line: all that matters is if you guys are having fun.

Oct 3, 2000
Originally posted by Hogwylde
My fiancee is an admitted "girly" girl. and not really ever exposed to "playing" in the great outdoors.

also keep in mind....she's 40 and I'm teaching this California girl how to swim too!!! (not much water in the high desert of victorville)

Hogwylde,

I'm also a "Girly Girl", never been athletic (still not), not the outdoorsy type either. I don't like bugs or being sweaty and dirty. Two years I didn't even know what a dirt bike was. I got my first dirt bike a month before the first Dirt Week and celebrated my 41st birthday at the first Dirt Week. My preference is two wheels, but if she's interested in a four wheeler that's better than nothing. It's a start and it's great that you two can ride together now. I don't ride very well, but I do enjoy the time I spend riding with KelvinKDX. I know I ride too slow for him, but I think he's still glad that I want to do it.

Are you bringing your fiancee to Dirt Week? It would be a good chance for her to meet some women who ride dirt bikes and see that it can be done.
P.S. Good luck on the swimming lessons. I couldn't swim to save my life, but I like to knee board.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by Cycledelic Neophyte

... I don't ride very well, but I do enjoy the time I spend riding with KelvinKDX. I know I ride too slow for him, but I think he's still glad that I want to do it.

It's not too often that someone can be too slow for me! ;)

It's great to have Wendy to ride with - at least i do not have to feel guilty about leaving her at home when i go riding. :)

Oct 10, 2000
Hogwylde,

Be very carefull!!!! This may be a trap to get you off 2 wheels.

Maybe she thinks you'll stop racing and spending all that time with the KX. She could be trying to get you to settle down and get on 4 wheels, things would be alot different then........lol
Be carefull, Very carefull..

Have you rode it yet, are you dreaming about one now?? J/K

Congrats on getting your wife involved in something that you enjoy.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Sounds good to me... 2 or 4 wheels, at least she's out getting dirty. ;) You're a good man for showing her the road to heaven.

Top Bottom