oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
I didn't want to hijack the other turning thread. Here's my dilemma. Most trails that I'm riding are mostly used by quads. They have a double rut and zig zag quickly through the desert with closely surrounding (unfriendly) bushes. I can't seem to make it through these sections with any speed or control at all.
The straights and long sweeping turns are not much of a problem. It's the tight s turns. Any tips?

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
Look farther ahead an get ready for the next turn by crossing over to the outside berm. At the local trails I ride there is a section for 4 wheelers also and the center berm is worn down in areas where us 2 wheelers cross over to get on the outside berm.

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
While I'm not sure exactly what the turn set up is, it sounds as if you perfer an outside line (berm) opposed to choosing a rut left by quads. Ruts are your friend providing you keep both wheels in the same rut, loose one or the other... Practice "rut riding" get reasonably good you'll become much faster. Cross ruts are a pain, generally when faced with cross rutted turns I do ALL my braking entering and attempt to power thru the turn in essence making my own rut... I'm sure others have better idea's for cross rutted turns. If the turns are sharp enough and depending on the soil you might try a brake turn, straighten up and go...
Good Luck

Top Bottom