toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
i just got a pair of tech 6s and i like them alot and i can easily understand why they cost more than other boots. there alot more comfortable and feel alot more sturdier.

whats the differences between them and the tech 8? i know they dont leak like the tech 6 does and that they have a bootie u put on first. are they more comfortable? more protection? what makes them $100 more?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Heres what i know, the bootie that has the gel inserts.. My feet do feel locked in while wearing them.. The latches are aluminum, i think the t-6's are plastic?? Then as far as the t-8's, the wite ones are vented, none of the other colors are..
Rick

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
yea the 6s have plastic straps. i wouldve thought that the black tech8s would have a extra vent becuase they would trap more heat.

tchamberlain

Mar 28, 2002
I just bought a new pair of tech 8s. My last boots were tech 6s. I have red ones and there are air vents on my boots. The black part of the tech 6 that is right above where you shift is a less durable material than what is on the 8s. I wore a hole through my 6s there. I got 1 yr/ 4months out of my 6s and there are in rough shape now. I like the 8s, but I would not have a problem buying tech 6s if that is what was in my price range. You'll be happy with the 6 no question.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I've got Tech 6's right now and they are great boots. I've had them for about 2 years but this summer will be buying new tech 8's because the 6's have become too well broke in for my liking. If you don't want to spend the big $$$ on 8's you will not be disappointed with 6's!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Aside from the already mentioned points, if ya have beefy calves and wear kneebraces (like someone I know :o ) the 6's have a bigger opening at the top of the boot than the 8's I like the secure feeling of the 8's but they won't fit me. The 6's are awesome boots, though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom