BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Hey, here’s to girl power. :thumb: So how come I go to all the same Turkey Runs and see KDX’s all over the place?

Clay Gordon

Apr 12, 2002
Compared to anything made by Honda or KTM the KDX is a fine machine that should be talked about only with praise and very nice words like wonderful, great, super, excellent...ect.
I mean KDX's are great, any level of rider can get on one and go and what other bike comes in a sexy shade of green??

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
I ride a KTM 300 but think the KDX is a great bike with a really good rep

Hell, it's the rider, not the bike. I'm certainly proof of that.

fastkat

Apr 22, 2003
well, I got my first bike last May (02 KDX 200). This girl's bike quickly showed me that I need to respect a lady, bucking me off and braking my wrist on my 2nd ride on her. Well a cast on my wrist couldn't stop me from learning quickly to respect my new lady friend the way I should've from the beginning of our relationship.
Since then, I've gotten to respect the power of my girl, even adding an FMF gnarly woods and turbine coreII silencer, and 49 tooth rear sprocket to add even more power.
I decided at the beginning of this month to enter a hare scamble at Budd's Creek MD. It was way cool, it's the H.S. that they allow you to ride the MX track, and the woods hairy trails. I tell you what, my girl had way more than I did for this race. I thought I was gonna die on the parade lap!! I was able to finish the entire hour and a half race (4 5-6 mile laps)... and guess what?? We finished 25th outta 61 riders in the 200C(beginners) We finished 109 outta 234, in overall C. which is 200 and 250 and up CCs class. I've since found out that about half of the riders in the C class were either A or B riders sandbagging for an easy win. So what does trhat say about this "girl's bike" that finihed ahead of a whole lotta CR, YZ, KX, RM, and KTM 250s. I expect that when I upgrade my fork springs, from stock ( for a 130# rider) to something adequate enough for my 200 lbs, I'll be finishing even higher on my girl's bike.
check www.vchss.org
click lap times
click 200C
25th place ....a girl's bike??
PEACE!
Mike

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
I really do think the KDX is the little bike that could. Beginners bike? Sure you bet its an excellent beginners bike. Its relatively cheap, trouble free, easy to ride, quite fast and easy to make faster. All the things that make it a good beginner bike make it an excellent expert etc bike. A good wood bike is a good wood bike in any hands.

It would seem to me the longer and nastier the race the better the KDX does. Its easy to ride and that makes it much less tiring than many bikes. When traction is tough to find and the trail is rough you'll be smiling on your KDX.

We raced a KDX 200 in this years Numb Bum 24 hour endurance ice race. We were the second fastest bike over all. That's faster than any YZF 4XX, CRF450, XR650 etc and all but one KTM EXC520. How the heck does a KDX200 do that? The bike ran trouble free, its easy to ride, relatively light, quite fast and was easy to make it faster. Beginner bike? Yup Big macho fast guy bike? You bet. A good bike is a good bike.

David

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by Humai
Hey Michelle, are you out there? You may want to share the competition history of your bike with these guys. . .

How many ISDE gold medalists did it beat in the A4DE?
Lol, my bike hasn't been that competitive (Chris stuffed his knee on it so didn't thrash it quite as much as others), but the bike after mine he came 2nd in class at Operau at Australia's version of the ISDE - four days, not six. He only lost by not much and all the Australians were riding European bikes - GG's, Huskies, Husabergs, KTMs. They probably feel better that this year he won the class on a KTM - they reckoned he'd be a real concern if he "ever got to ride a real bike": (Have you noticed they haven't put up the results of the last two days yet - but he did win the under 200 class - way to go!!!!).

I see plenty of green machines, of varying ages, but am definitely seeing more blue & orange these days. When Henk first got his KTM360 he was forever being asked "who makes those - sukuki?". Henk also wonders/thinks he may have been better off getting a KDX & putting KX forks on it, but too late, he made his choice & has to stick with the TM.

As for it being a girl's bike, I think I've seen one or two other women riding one over here. The GG200 or 4 stroke orange seems to be the way to go for us women (I'm too scared to ride a GG in case I decide to go yellow instead of green).

Who cares if it's a girl's bike, not all of us want to ride a CR500, which is the "real" girl's bike ;) (just ask Bbbom lol)

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
This is getting better and better.

I think I'll get a sex change and go out and buy a KDX. Definitely pink handlebar streamers, and maybe a little vase of violets next to the odo. Maybe get Virginia Slims to sponsor me---better yet, Victoria's Secret. Yeaaaaahhhhhh.....Baaaaabbbbbby.

With my new little riding outfit, the guys will be going off the track, and my trophy den will burst it's walls with gold violet vases....... :thumb:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I can see the ad campaign now...

"Riding with my Playtex® Silk Glide® Tampons, I can jump higher, corner harder, and those braking bumps don't irritate me nearly as much. No more DNFs due to menstrual cramping and bloating!"

:)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
:laugh:

mmersol

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2003
Hey brap, nice photoshop! Can you add streamers off the handle bars, colored spokes and bubble coming out of the silencer.
:laugh:

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Heck, I work for Kimberly-Clark and ride a fine 01 KDX 200 with all the mods... When I do get to ride (rare these days), ye ole KDX chugs and screams accordingly... We (K-C) do sponsor a Bush car, but no bikes that I know of... Maybe I could get TimR a ride and we can all watch FredT battle him at the next national enduro! You go TimR!! :thumb:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hmmmm.....

A Kimberly-Clarke sponsored Timr vs. a Enduro Engineering/Ponderosa backed Fred T.... Now that'd be a race to see!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
:)

Me and Fred T...that was one of the fiercest 2nd moto battles for 4th place that you've ever seen!

The funniest part still has to be Fred T staged in the spot next to the dog house with his pit tootsy holding up an umbrella to shield him from the afternoon sun! You just had to see it.

RTL, I got a new pic, professional digital pic, from the Georgia National Enduro.  How's the KDX pic/wall going?

Tim

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Oh GOD I'm laughing my ass off! Some great replies here. I really feel better now.

Can you imagine how the KTM riders would feel getting roosted by the Damon Pendarvis KDX!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
This has been good therapy for you.  Glad we could help.  :thumb:

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Timr
The KDX can beat those other bikes!  I beat Fred T at MX at DW last year and he was on a new KTM 250exc. :p

Timmy
You probably shouldn't have mentioned that. I'll see ya at DW 03 and I promise to be "fresh" for the race. :moon:
THANKS for the motivation!

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Welcome to the thread Fred.  :)

It's all in good fun.  I can see you now with the quote attached to you mirror and Rocky music playing in the background. 

That battle is on.  :) :)

Top Bottom