Do oversized rotors help reduce arm pump?

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
My right hand will pump up alot faster because of grabbing the front brake all the time. It gets me nervouse because my grip on the throttle suffers and i find myself blipping the throttle when hitting braking bumps and other smaller bumps in the track. Anyone try an oversized front brake rotor to ruduce arm pump?

moto2121

Mar 2, 2004
I am having the same problems with my 04 cr 250, I pump up so tight in like 5 mins of hard riding, I have started to look at steering dampers, bar snakes ect. I just can't ride this thing for long,makes me so tired :(

Borch297

Jul 24, 2000
The cheapest but hardest thing to do is to build up your leg strength. You can hold on to the bike and stand up longer going into the turns while allowing your arms to be more relaxed.
It's the best thing I have ever done, but the hardest to keep after(working out).

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Having one finger braking does make it easier to hang on without gripping so hard. The leg gripping is key. My KX has good front brake, usually 1 finger, I rarely get arm pump anymore.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
See the thing is that i'm only getting arm pump in the throttle/front brake hand. The clutch hand holds out a whole lot longer.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The two things that make the biggest difference for me with arm pump are:
  1. A more relaxed grip. Holding on too tight is the worst thing for arm pump.
  2. On a somewhat related note, moving in anticipation of the bike's movement instead of in reaction to it. By this, I mean moving forward *as* you are twisting the throttle instead of trying to hold on and climb forward after you have already hit the gas. Likewise, moving back *as* you start to brake instead of hitting the brake and then trying to keep from being thrown over the bars. Just like the relaxed grip, knowing what the bike is going to do before it does it only comes with time.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
High Lord Gomer said:
knowing what the bike is going to do before it does it only comes with time.[/list]
Ahh, yes Obi-One, you are a true Jedi Master. :worship:

Top Bottom