Do the Dealers think we're stupid?

purp

Feb 22, 2005
I just bought a new KDX 220. I learned from reading the info here that there is very little grease on the suspension and that it's a good idea to grease it up as soon as possible. I figured I would phone the dealer I bought the bike from and ask them if this is something they might have done, after all I did pay for the PDI. Heres the funny part. The guy told me not to worry, it should be good for the first couple of rides. :coocoo: Maybe its because I'm a girl and he thinks I'm not smart enough to realize that greasing the suspension isn't something you do every couple of rides but maybe once a season (depending how much you ride). It's pretty frustrating to spend the money I did on the bike and get pathetic service from the dealer. :bang: I guess I'll be doing the job myself. The least the guy could have done was agree with me and place the blame on the factory instead of telling me what he thought I wanted to hear. Anyone else have stories about the dealer they bought there bikes from?

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
well,there probably was enough grease in there to last a ride or 2.the japanese factories want to ship a bike and keep everything as clean and neat as possible.cant have bikes showing up with big globs of grease hanging from the linkage and such. did you ask the dealer to grease all of the parts before you picked the bike up? its not all that hard to tear apart the thing and grease it up. its just a part of owning a new bike.we all have tear them apart and grease them up...been that way for years,and will prob. continue that way..

kinda like buying new shoes and having to waste time lacing them up... :rotfl:

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
It's always hard when you know more about the bike than the guy you're talking to at the dealership. I've had that type of experience many times. Very frustrating. That being said it never hurts (in the credibility dept.) when you're a man, confident, over 6', and have a touch of gray hair at the temples. Sorry...didn't say that it's right, but that's just life as we know it.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
PDI is a waste of $$ Good way for dealers too make an extra dollar.. Plus they can advertise cheaper prices on the bike in the paper etc.. Then hammer you w/a PDI charge..

I thought i once read somewhere that the lack of grease had something too do w/import taxes??

Rick

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Do the Dealers think we're stupid?

No, they just hope we are. They have the nerve to charge us for set-up, yet they do little to earn the fee.

It's best that you grease your new bike by yourself anyway...this way you can have a Zen experience and get that "new bike" good feeling.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom