Do you think I could fit 3 dirtbikes in this car?

e32lover

May 9, 2007
Hi, I need a 4 seater that can fit 3 dirtbikes. Im in Australia, and unfortunately we dont have many of those big ford trucks here, otherwise one of them would be ideal.

Looking at a Toyota Hilux, im sure its available worldwide, maybe under a different model name. Here is a pic, what do u think? would the tray fit 3 bikes with the end down?

Bikes include 2 Yamaha YZ's and a WR

Thanks

john-Hi-Lux.jpg

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
the way the box is situated, with the fenderwells so close to the front of the box, it could be difficult. But you should be able to fit them with the tailgate down.

Please to be enjoying the computer-aided technical drawing I am attaching to this post, as it should explain how I would load said motorcycles. Note, I only show the relative position of the tires and handlebars, just so you get the gist of things.

Attachments

• hilux.JPG
    hilux.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 177

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
3 full size bikes would be awkward, but I think you could do it.

You will have more room if you put the center bike in facing backwards. Makes loading a little harder to do, but it might be the best way.

Also, if you have a tie-down mounting point at the center of the front of the bed, it will give you a better angle for tightening the bikes on the outside, and the tie downs for each will not have to cross the bed and pass through the wheel or forks of the other two bikes.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Another vote for a trailer, but, 3 bikes should fit, be creative. Do they have roof racks for gear?

Is that truck diesel powered?

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'd check how long the bed with the tailgate down is. From the looks of it the bed is VERY short. If the length isn't an issue then yes it's possible, cozy but possible.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I saw a picture somewhere of 2 bikes strapped to the back of a Ford LTD..

You can do anything if you want to ride bad enough.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
3 full sized bikes is a stretch in a full width bed. If you turn the middle one around backwards, they fit better. On a truck that narrow, you'll need to install eye bolts or something on the tops of the bedsides in order to get the proper angles for your tie-down straps. My friend and I used to stuff 3 bikes in an older Ford Ranger bed turned trailer. They do fit if you turn the middle one backwards. If you have 2-strokes, watch out for foot pegs and exhaust pipes.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I would measure that bed with the gate down. If that is like the truck I used in West Africa, it isnt long enough to get a bike in it straight.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
im sure you could make em fit, ive had a kz440 a moped and a ct90 stuffed (enough to not fall out) into the trunk of an early 80s new yorker but that thing had an at least 35 body trunk

Top Bottom