CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
:think: I might get a 100/90-19 cheng shin tire tomorrow morning.I was just wondering if any of you has used them in the past or whenever,Thanks.

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Cheap ass tires.Usally you see them mostly for go-carts/lawnmowers.lol.I went with a 100/90-19 dunlop d773. for $70.It looks really nice.But its a soft terrain tire.I wonder if it will last?

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Man I went too action suzuki/kawasaki.They have some nice ass 2008 bikes/quads there.I want the 08 450 quadracer(: its only $8,000 ...lol hahaha **** THAT!

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Aren't Maxxis tires made by the same? Because the IT's I have on my bike had a Maxxis band around them that said Cheng shin on it as well so I'm just guessing.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
They are not bad tires for the price. They tend to weigh more and wear faster but they can be cheap enough to buy more!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The 773 is a mud/soft terrain tire and holds up fairly well but if you want somthing that's going to last the 952 wears like iron on the back and hooks up pretty good. It even hooks up well after the knobs have rounded off.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Dunlop makes the best dirt tires, hands down. The 752/952 rear with a 742 front will cover just about everything from hardpack to almost mud.

As for the Cheng Shens, my bike came with some of them. Let's just say I crashed a lot until I swapped them out. The just seemed to lose traction at the worst times. Whatever you do, do not run them on wet pavement, they will be like being on ice. They chunked, too. The Dunlops and Michelins are the only tires I haven't chunked, but the Michelins just don't hook up as well or work on as wide a range of terrains.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
76GMC1500 said:
As for the Cheng Shens, my bike came with some of them. Let's just say I crashed a lot until I swapped them out. The just seemed to lose traction at the worst times. Whatever you do, do not run them on wet pavement, they will be like being on ice. They chunked, too. .

As usual, you are as full of crap as a Christmas turkey GMC. :|

Like RM_guy said. They are a good tire for the price. I use them during the summer on hardpack. The hardpack around here will chew up any tire in a short period of time. You can run a $70.00 Dunlop or a $35.00 Cheng shin and they wear about the same on hardpack. Have also used them at GP's on wet pavement. They work pretty good. Maybe you should sign up for a riding class GMC. :nod:

Granted, there are better tires for groomed tracks but, for a cheap tire that lasts about as good as anything else on hardpack, the Cheng shin is a decent tire.

Just my $ .02

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Whatever you do, do not run them on wet pavement, they will be like being on ice

Riding a dirt bike on pavement is a bad idea no matter what tire!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
76GMC1500 said:
Dunlop makes the best dirt tires, hands down. The 752/952 rear with a 742 front will cover just about everything from hardpack to almost mud.

How can you make a blanket statement like that GMC? Have you ever ridden anywhere besides Hollister hills? (Glamis and Ocotillo don't count.) Have you used any other tires besides Dunlops and Bridgestones? Have you ever actually raced a motorcycle? (Racing your friends on practise day doesn't count.) Did you read that in a Dunlop ad? Did you Google it? Did you read it in a mag? Is your father a Dunlop dealer? Where does your experience come from to answer these questions the way you do?

Just wondering. :coocoo:

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Chen shing are VERY soft tires and wear out very fast. I would not recomend them unless your just trying to off load your bike to sell. I would rather have a used tire from the auction site than a chen shign.

Top Bottom