Sidi Flexforce boot review feedback..

mtrcycllvr

Nov 20, 2004
I found that I horribly misjudged the fit of the boots in the calf area. Trying them on in the store I totally spaced that I should have shin/knee protectors shoved down their front. When I went riding with those accessories, I found I simply couldn't get the top straps to buckle At All... I finally found a way to unscrew the shin plates and extend them out, but only after being so frustrated that I took the boots apart to drill holes that MIGHT allow the shin protector to wrap around my shin correctly. Even in the "wide holes" I find the they are still a touch too tight, and the shin guard is lined up too far to the outside of my shin for my comfort.<P>
I don't think I have especially fat calves. I've heard they've recognized this as an issue and put out a fatter boot of some kind, but that doesn't make me much happier. I've since lost the top straps and becuase I didn't use their special little hardware with lots of loctite, I had to use off the shelf and before I knew it, had dug giant grooves in my side plastic.<P>
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield - I just want a wide pair of confortable and tough boots. These are wonderfully wide, but everthing else about them fell a little short of my expectations.
<P>
YMMV
<p>PS anyone know where I can buy replacement straps? ;)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Have you tried contacting SIDI?? You shouldn't of bought them in the first place if they didn''t fit correctly IMO.. I bough tsome Tech8's a few years ago and needed longer straps, emailed AlpineStars and 2 days later the sent me 4 packs of longer straps, no charge.. So i would contact them about longer straps, hopefully they can help you out..
Rick

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
www.motonation.com offers longer straps for those that use knee braces/guards. I use the stock straps with the Sidi Force and Asterisk braces, although the calf expanders are all the way out, and I have skinny calfs.

The little owner's manual covers how to use the expanding shin plates. My boots came with a spare parts kits. Good thing too.... I was about 300 miles from home on a week-long riding trip, and the little cir-clip over the ankle pivot point popped out on the trail. Fortunately I had the parts kit in my trailer, so was good to go.

Sidi makes the best boot on the market, IMO. Motonation's customer service is great too. Thrashing the boot isn't where I'd place the blame.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You might want to check into Gearne SG-10's when shopping for your next boot. Based on a recent boot review, they have the largest opening in the calf area. Just an FYI.

Top Bottom