does this price sound right?

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
today I got a quote for my 2006 KX85 for a complete top end rebuild. They told me $100 for parts, 3 hours to do it @ $150 per hour..........does this sound right or can I get it done cheaper? Thank you.....I hope I put this in the right space...thanks :coocoo:

FMF Rider

Jun 15, 2007
$150 an hour!?WTF!! My local shop only charges $70 an hour and the parts are only about $70

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
His labor wage sounds a little off. parts are about right.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What shop quoted you that price,if I might ask?

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
Im 23 miles west of Fort Wayne and 90 miles north of Indy...........I didnt think I was allowed to put business names on here......anyways...I just thought it sounded high but wanted to know what you guys thought......maybe I need to look around and get prices....or better yet.....learn myself.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am not supposed to put business names????? No spamming your sponsors,but telling who is a rip off is another story! I do not remember the names of the shops east of you,but I do know they favor the smaller bikes and racers. Lunch at Portllo's and a manual,I will show you how!

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
sounds good.........that would be awesome.......got any riding plans this weekend or next? I want to get some riding in within the next several weeks before it starts to get cooler..

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
hey guys.....I hate to be a bother but have 2 more questions here......I was charged $2.28 for a crush washer(oil drain plug washer), and quoted $250 for a port and polish and was told it takes 5 hours........is this right? I just dont want to get screwed here and alot of people tell me I can get good straight answers on this site..........thank you :whoa:

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
$150 per hour but $250 for 5 hours worth of work...WTF?????? I'm confussed here

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You're convinced these guys are trying to screw you over and now you are going to trust them to port a cylinder?

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
no no....I was simply curious as to how much it would be....and I have no other place to go thats close. I simply want to know if that sounds about right because I have no idea.......thanks

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Pack everything in a box and send it to Eric Gorr, you'll be far better off from the sounds of things.

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
yeah.....several people told me about him....Im gonna call him to arrange something.......thanks guys

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…