Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
It's Dunlop. D-U-N-L-O-P. Dunlop. There is no A in Dunlop.
btw, they are a japanese owned tire company & they do not make radials to fit your clapped out oil leaking sportster.

Now get your stale cigs & beer breath ass outa my store.

Thank you!
That is all.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Time you headed out for a ride FJ? :whoa:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, Dunlop off-road tires are a different division than the automotive tires. Goodyear now owns Dunlop. I find it quite annoying when people come into the Gemini dealer I work for asking for "Dunlap" tires. I know of a trucking company called Dunlap, but no tires by that name. Apparently the 4'x10' sign on the building isn't readable. The crappy thing is I can't even get tires for my bike through work.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah, I really like my Danlup tires. I wasn't sure how to say Donlop but thanks to this thread not only can I spell Daunlop but I can pronounce Donelaup too :)

(Sorry, I'm bored :laugh: )

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
We've all owned a pair of Maypops, huh?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
It's "Hankook" tires. Pronounced; "han - cook"

I'm sorry, but kook is kook, not cook.

Ah...wait...marketing a Korean tire in America dictates that the name be massaged to something more acceptable to the US consuming public...so, replace the kook with cook, and VIOLA! A marketable product!

Am I just being kooky by thinking marketing has anything to do with pronunciations?
I'm dun now...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My dad refers to Mitsubishi's as, "sonsabitchies". :laugh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Farmer John said:
they do not make radials to fit your clapped out oil leaking sportster.

VD said:
Dun lapped over my belt buckle.

...........if that were the case, a Hardley rider could have a Dunlop and a Dunlap :coocoo:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
BadgerMan said:
...........if that were the case, a Hardley rider could have a Dunlop and a Dunlap :coocoo:

True...true..

Only this dudes body was 60% meth.....lol

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
Hey, hey...easy on the Mitsubishi's!! Been driving Montero's for the last 14 years. :) We had a Honda Accord when I bought the first one, and my daughter called the new truck a "Honda-mo-bishi". Best pronunciation ever, in my opinion. lol

Top Bottom