SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
I think all the talk about metal and such scared everyone. :aj:
But in all seriousness, I kind of agree, but I also think it would be cool to jam a night or 2, maybe not every single night. Just another thing a lot of us have in common, and I like jamming with new people almost as much as I like riding with new people. TTR I don't think you have to worry about DW02 becoming a concert, as most people will be so tired from all the riding that even us crazy head bangers like little "down time"... but it would have to be better than that freakin train at Casey :confused: btw, how close are the tracks, if there even are any, to Cooperland?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Eddie, have you never been around anyone during a jam session?
I certainly don't picture Lallapallooza. Do you?
LOL....relax, a lil pickin and grinin never hurt anyone..and if you get sweepy, we'll stop. :)

I'd just as soon not play at all if it's gonna mean a bunch of griping and polls. Sheesh.
:(

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I agree with not going at it every night, maybe just one or two evenings, kinda like a little un-plugged thing. Nobody is going to be dragging some massive stacks and a fully mic'ed drum set or anything like that. (Not that I haven't sat with my stereo blowing out the windows in my house dreaming about setting up a full stage and obliterating Cooperland with some AIC or equivelant detuned metal!) The musical tastes will be so diverse, there is no way all can be pleased, so I don't think a big loud concert is in hand. Besides, I wouldn't want to put myself up on a fully charged stage with a bunch of guys I haven't ever jammed with, for fear of tripping and falling on my face....... :aj:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I heard Twinny plays the meat whistle. :think::):)

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
My vision of what would probably happen...
Jeff brings his stuff which could be mostly used for anouncements, rider's meeting, awards, etc. We then pick one or maybe 2 (depending on how the first one went) nights to have a little jam session. I doubt it would be too loud as it would only be a couple of monitors and a guitar amp and drums. More than likely the tunes would be blues based stuff as that is pretty simple for everyone to pick up on and still have a good time. And I for one wouldn't want to play too late, i.e. 10 or 11 cause I like to BS er bench race as much as anyone and don't want to miss that at all. I think those of us who would like to jam got real excited and made this sound like a much bigger deal than it will be. Like Jay said just some pickin and grinin. Kinda like that "talent show" they do at LL's... As far as setup, I have no idea never been there, but from Jeff's posts, it wouldn't be more than 180' from the power source, where ever that is... And, most importantly we are all there to ride first, so if any of this got out of hand and was bothering anyone, I think a quick request would easily bring the session to an end... Heck TTR get enough bev's in you and we might try to get you to sing! :aj:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
OK, we'll play a song or two and see if it meets with your approval, Eddie. :)

If not, I loan you my flashlight so you won't get lost on your way back from your 4 mile hike. (much easier for you to go 4 miles away so you can't hear us, than us to pack our guitars 4 miles) :debil:

I may be wrong, but it sure sounded like griping to moi!

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
one more post and I'm done on this one. I'm bringin my bass, if we jam cool, if not that's cool too. It will be the best week of the year regardless. I can see TTR's worry that a handful of crazy musicians are gonna be blasting away until all hours of the night making it hard for others to talk, sleep, etc. I don't think that will be an issue. Anyway, there aren't going to be that many single woemen in attendance anyway, and that's the real reason anyone plays music in the first place :p isn't it?

Oct 10, 2000
I would love to hear you guys play for a couple of nights. I've got a bad habit of singing "Centerfold" at Kariokie (spel) after about a 6 pack.

Last edited:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I used to do some really good Axl Rose, Joe Elliott, Sebastian Bach imitations back in the day. Now I am kinda stuck with Gavin Rossdale, Eddie Vedder, Chad Kroeger, recent Joe Elliott, Sting, and Simon LeBon (the pain) imitations because all of that screaming hurts my head.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Looks like we'll need to keep ttr and ol 'bird 4 miles apart...
Anyone consider a compromise? What's the big deal. Pick a time for it to be over, 10:00 sounds good. Setup by the office, which has a nice grass area to sit around on, far enough from the pits to not bug those who wanna talk. No big deal.

I'm not sure what reaction you expected Eddie... these guys are pretty excited about jammin' a little.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Eddie, Im far from sensitive, you should know that. But you have to admit that your first post looked like it came from an old lady.
Noise? Of course it will be noise, but if you just relax a bit maybe you will have a bit of fun, and you just may hear some old tunes that you'd forgotten about. Besides, I'm certain that with some of us our fingers will start to hurt long before some get tired of hearing us.
I'm also sure that our music won't infringe on your good time at DW. That is if we can keep motometal, AJ, and BigLou away from the planks with whammy bars!

Many things chap my hide....for instance, I'm not much of a fan of the constant trash talking and photo smacks that go on in here on a daily basis...really not much to do with dirtbiking and it only involves a few folks, but I'm gonna do my best not to cry too much about it. :)

BTW...to me, your opinon is quite welcome here. But just realise that others have thiers as well.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by a454elk
I heard Twinny plays the meat whistle. :think::):)

That mean I can bring my skin flute then?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
(_8(l) ....doh!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That puts me in the 1% ? Cool, never really wanted to be just like everyone else, lol. Gotta admit, I took the post as a negitive statement. Sorry if I misintrupreted your intent.

A compromise will be made rather you were 85% joking and 99% of everyone understood it or not.... cause 48% of the time, 96% of the people want to go to bed at 77% of 11:00 PM.

That being said, I'm sure Aimee and the other "early to bed" types will be just fine. I don't think we have the equivelent of 16 year olds, showing off their subs at midnight.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Actually, a curfew on "electric" music is not a bad idea. Not that the neighbors are unacustomed to motorcycles, music might raise their hackles a bit. Some bombfiire music ought to be nice, minus the 110.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Let me clarify a few things to keep the panties from getting any more wadded.

The PA system I plan to bring is one I use in my rehearsal room. The room is approx. 16 x 20. The speakers are old monitors equipped with a 12" speaker and a phiezo tweeter, there is no way to wake the dead with these things without total distorted garbage coming out of them which will damage the speakers & I'm not willing to tear them up for the sake of volume. I'd rather listen to clean sound at a lower volume than distorted loudness from a speaker that's about to blow.

The PA will be used to mix acoustic gtr if needed and vocal mics for obvious reasons. Remember we are using monitors for front of house coverage so they will have to serve as stage monitors too. This will demand stage volume to be at a lower level in order to hear the vocals on stage.

Any electric instruments will not be in the mix! The bass is normally perceived to be the loudest because low frequencies travel further than higher frequencies such as guitar (at least they get there faster and fade out sooner)

I have run sound for the 10 congressional appellate court banquet as well as Rotary Club luncheons, I have an idea how to please the majority. I've also worked with the likes of everyone from Nugent, Steve Warner, Charlie Daniels, Molly Hatchet, Both remaining Hank Williams, Pat Travers to Dead Horse and the list goes on & on. This is not one of those kinds of events! I know how to turn the volume up & down but it's not going to be like that. The system will be pretty much on auto pilot at a comfortable and agreeable level and the music will stop when people get tired of playing, I guarantee that will be earlier than you would have ever dreamed. Remember, none of us have played together and most likely we will only know a handful of songs. There will most likely be more blues based songs because they are the easiest to make up as you go. I'm sure there will be songs that some will like and some will hate but there is no need to take offense or be offended.

Hell, I'm 43! I gotta get some rest too to keep up on the dirt with the younger people at DW02. Do you think I'm stupid enough to stay up all night "jamming" so I can't do what I came there to do? :aj:

Ps. Click the link for a sample of what I'm currently playing, you might just like it. http://home.hot.rr.com/blazingsaddles/songsamples.htm
I can do just about any kind of music, I'm a very opened minded adult.

B

biglou

Man, I can't tell when you guys are joking around or not. :think: I do know that everyone seems to have a pretty good time when we are all together, though! :)

BTW-47.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot. But that's OK, because 5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions anyway...:eek:

Top Bottom