Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Jeff, Don't forget Dave's tuba!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by Jaybird

Many things chap my hide....for instance, I'm not much of a fan of the constant trash talking and photo smacks that go on in here on a daily basis...really not much to do with dirtbiking and it only involves a few folks, but I'm gonna do my best not to cry too much about it. :)

Ahh, the unsigned Mojo guy comes out, it was only a matter of time!;) Sorry we don't always talk about dirtbikes here. Smack talk and photos seem to be pretty funny and like you said, just relax and enjoy, no biggie. I for one love music and don't plan on sleeping much for fear of getting the Zuki repainted, so play away!:D

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Aaaa... CanadianRidr,
If you have something to say, say it pal. Otherwise, back off.

Elk, perhaps you should have not been so hasty in posting. Sometimes we only think we know what we think we know. But, you know...I can prove that I'm not your masked mojo person, if you like. :)

Just for the record...and listen up Candianridr (since I seem to remeber you posting a thread crying the blues about unsigned mojo) if I ever give anyone mojo good or bad, it will damn sure have my signature attached to it. If it is bad mojo, you can also be just as assured that I will explain what I don't like about any given post or event......
carry on.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Apparently you have nothing to say.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
PM me then junior. I'll be glad to straighten you out.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I have to make a public apology for my words to Jaybird. He didn't do it, he signs his Mojo, I just found that out!:) Jaybird, if I jumped your ship too soon, my bad. Ridr, you're on your own, Jaybird is bigger than me!:);) Sorry Bird. You just better play your damn insturment real good!

Elk

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...bigger around, maybe!

Elk, thank you sir.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Yep, Jaybird aint one to be hiding behind no unsigned mojo, he just gets right out and tells how he feels! :p :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by dave186

I aint lettin BigLou play my tuba, he will have to find his own :moon:
I guess I messed that up. :confused: but I got it fixed now

Last edited:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Pickin' & Grinnin'? Count me in with a flat-top. Haven't played much in the last 10-15 years and all my stuff was from 70's anyway, but what the hell. If I can see the chord I'll play it, and if I can still hear the harmony I'll sing.. er, croak it!
If we setup on the hill (a long way from and above the pits) most folks probably won't even hear it. Especially over the generator noise and that guy pitted next to you that snores like a freight train! Oh wait! Thats me! ZZZZZzz!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Motometal coming late to the party as usual...

this sounds like a lot of fun! Jeff, what were you thinking of bringing for a guitar amp?

There may be a bit of time other than evening when there isn't much going on and a few of us could play around. I flounder around on the guitar and can sing a bit. My best skills are probably in the sound tech area, although it doesn't sound like we will have a complex enough rig to really need much of a sound tech.

We should come up with a list of suggested songs that those interested could keep in mind, and someone might want to print out the lyrics.

I have a strat that I could bring that isn't super-valuable if there won't already be enough guitars.

Believe it or not Jaybird, I don't own a guitar set up for a whammy bar! However, I have been know to turn the distortion knob way, way up when appropriate! One notch on the dial for each beer consumed works well...

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by motometal
Jeff, what were you thinking of bringing for a guitar amp?

I'm not sure which guitar I'll bring, I play an Earnie Ball Music Man usually but I have a strat I might bring instead, the Strat only cost me about $700. and it's a very rugid guitar. I think I'll be leaving the guitars with the wammy bars at the house. ;)

For an amp I was thinking of bringing a Rex 45 watt solid state amp and maybe another small practice amp. No effects or anything, just plug-n-play.

The only bass amp I own is a Hartke 4x10 cab with a 350w head, that's what I plan to bring.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
yea, sounds like the full Marshall stack thing wouldn't go over real well with some folks. I could bring a few cables if needed and a pedal or two. I don't have any combo amps that would be appropriate to bring...got a small vintage lectrolab harp amp with two 8", but this might be pretty wimpy unmiked. I usually play through 4x12s, and depending on bike hauling arrangements I probably won't have room for that.

By the way, my idea of an inexpensive guitar is more like $250... :)

Songs...someone mentioned Pearl Jam...I can dig that, what else would be "crowd friendly"? Alice in chains? maybe not...ACDC is cool, but the vocals are tough...by the way, nice vacal range on the audio clips, Jeff!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Thanks for the compliment on the vocals. I'm willing to play just about anything but if you're looking for crowd pleasers older "classic rock" type stuff would probably go over best. Most everyone likes skynard and stuff along that lines. Maybe even pull off some old Frampton if anyone knows any. I can sing Whole Lotta Rosie but it pretty much does me in for a while . Collective Soul always goes over good.
If we can't bring our Marshall stacks maybe we can play some Marshall Tucker so we can at least get a Marshall in there. ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'll list a few of my faves for pickin' n grinnin' sessions of the top of my head...I'll come back and update a few more later.

Alman Bros: Melissa
Skynard: Three steps, Curtis Lowe, and of course (I won't say it)

Who did Seven Bridges Road, Skynard or Eagles?
Heck, a few Eagles tunes.
CSNY...4 dead, Sister Golden Hair, ?

Pearl Jam: Black
STP: Plush
BonJovi: Cowboy (always goes over good with motoheads!)
Supertramp: Give a little bit
Jim Croce: Operator
Anyone know any Days of the New, or Tantric stuff (I've played with their dads)
Led: Levi breaks, Stairway,?

Steve Earle: Copperhead Road

Marshal Tucker
C Daniels: Long haired dirtbikin boy
REO Speedwagon: Ridin' the storm out, Time to fly, ?

Yokum does a few kewl tunes (IMO)
Travis Tritt: Heres a quarter, Country Club ?

Soggy Bottom Boys: Man of Constant Sorrow.
(in the neighborhood of G):)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
frampton...reminds me of a crude, but workable talk box I made out of an old 5" Polk Audio speaker, a funnel, duct tape, and a chunk of hose. It works!

Jaybird, I like pretty much all of the first Pearl Jam disc, but could sing it better than I could play it. Overall, i'm pretty compatable, but not closely familiar with, most of the songs on your list. If I get some time between now and then i'll download a few.

Was "free bird" the song you were afraid to list? :moon:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
lol :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Okay, I've loaded up the drums. They've been thru a battle of the bands and the heads prove it but they'll have to do. Anyone planning on beating the skins needs to only bring sticks.

The little p.a. will be loaded tomorrow. All I'm planning on bringing is a small 6 channel powered mixer, four 12" cheap monitors, 2 mics & 2 stands.
I'll also throw in a Hartke 3500 w/ 4x10 cab and a 45w Rex gtr amp. String players only need to bring axe and cord. If we need anymore gtr amps someone else will need to bring one.

Top Bottom