Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
I recently installed a whole new EBC clutch kit in my ride. The whole works.....springs, plates, fibers. I have about 5-7 rides on it and have changed oil about 3 times since then. Just after last ride, I noticed that the clutch was slipping between shifts when shifting hard and fast. I checked all my adjustments and they were fine. I changed the oil. Still slipping. I tried type F in there, still slipping. So I took it apart and micrometered everything. The fibers are within spec, the plates show no wear at all, but the springs were just inside replacement spec! Replacement is something like 37.20 mm, and my shortest spring was 37.21mm. WHAT THE HELL!?@!?@?@?@ How can the springs go south so damn fast? Are EBC springs total complete crap? Has anyone experienced this? I am going to the shop to p/u another set of cluch springs, and maybe a whole new clutch kit if the springs dont fix the problem. I sure as hell are not going to get the EBC again, so would barnett be a better choice here? Thanks.

Top Bottom