michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
I had a 79 camino with a v6 at the time and it hauled a quad with no problem and a quad on a small trailer. Although I don't live in a hilly area. Hope that helps. I also had to keep the tail gate down and installed some eyelet inthe floor.
Mike

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
I got to a lot of races in the late 70's in my friends El Camino. Don't know if there was a faster way to the track than in an El Camino.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've got a 66' elk and use it to haul my bike to the track. No problem but I get alot of ribbing from the guys when it's hot cause I've got no air! I think it shows alot of class to haul your mxer in the back of an elk, IMO!
Go for it
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That's correct! I dropped a big block in it and it runs like a demon! Unfortunately, I get about 3 miles to the gallon so luckily the local tracks aren't to far away. But I guess by having a hot rod, you don't really care about mileage. And also, with no power steering, the wife won't dare to drive it, whew!
Elk

canucklehead

Apr 13, 2000
And all this time I thought you used a .45 for hunting Elk! ( a .45 for Elk.. get it? haha)
I guess you're not nearly as tough as I thought you were :confused:

Dave

Top Bottom