fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The team concept is a blast from the past. My dad and I rode team together in the 1980's. When he turned A...I had to ride on an A team as a young, B rider. We did not get many team trophies that year.
I support the idea of amending some of the classes. However, major changes will cause some issues for the National events that are required to provide trophies according to the AMA classes. Changing a district rule is MUCH easier than changing an AMA rule. The cost of trophies is a MAJOR expense for the clubs.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
I think we should go to the 2 class format...One class for the Sunday drivers that like to look around and take it all in {Not a bad thing, their moneys good too}...And the other class for guys that like to run over the SSSSunday drivers and accumulate points for it. It’s a very simple format, any thought on this?...

The only draw back I foresee on this proposed format is that we would have to give longer resets to keep the Sunday drivers in the game so they wouldn't hour out early on.

DW

Hey Nick, which class are you riding next year? Maybe you should consider Fred's suggestion...H.

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
fatherandson said:
The cost of trophies is a MAJOR expense for the clubs.

I've thought about this before; personally I don't want a trophy. It might be neat for the kids or guys in the A class but I never have understood # of trophies per class - end of year sure but every race it should be top 3.

Of course then again I'm just one of the guys that gets in the way of the real racers and should just stay home.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
woodsracer369 said:
... I never have understood # of trophies per class - end of year sure but every race it should be top 3.
It's based on x% of riders in that class for that event. Don't know what that percentage is off the top of my head.

I for one would have liked to see you at the enduros this year. Are you planning on going to any of the remaining ones? Next year?

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
:laugh: Well If Nick chooses the "Sunday drivers class" I would bet da farm that some of you boyz would make it a tougher day for him than at Marquette's pre-trail ride....Due to the well known fact that he's a diplomatic genius in the pubic relations department here on MTR I'm sure he'll be voted "Grand Pooba" at every riders meeting for the largest point carrier at each event..... :nod:

DW

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
RIDDICK546 said:
I Think The True Definition Of S.s. Is "sagging Sacks"

There's a lot more than just that sagging. :nod:

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
Smit-Dog said:
It's based on x% of riders in that class for that event. Don't know what that percentage is off the top of my head.

I for one would have liked to see you at the enduros this year. Are you planning on going to any of the remaining ones? Next year?

I understand the format/formula for the # trophies - I don't understand the need.

I would have liked to gone to all/any of the enduros this year, things just didn't line up for me. I do plan on attending the full schedule for 07'

I have stayed out of all the comments and which enduro is best debates but just for the record - I don't know what (and not sure I have the fortitude to find out) could replace the sense of accomplishment I have from finishing the LM (05').

good luck to all this weekend - see you @ TF?

Trevor

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
I say lets bring back the team class. With trophies at the end of the year for the top three. It could bring in more money for D-14. I think the last time they had a team class was like 96. At least thats the last time I rode it.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Can someone pipe in with more info on how the team class would work? Is it as simple as adding up points dropped for a given team?

Thanks...

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Yep, three guys and in the old days you would list a fourth rider as an alternate in case someone could not make the race. At the end of the event, you add up the scores of the threes (assuming they all finished - right Nick?) and a first place trophy was provided to the B and A team with the lowest score. If any member of the team was an A rider, the entire team had to compete in the A team competition.

I am also aware of another method to determine the best team, but I feel this method is the best and most fair.

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
Smit-Dog said:
:rotfl: lol I think I rode with that kid this year. I have a hellova time getting him to wear clothes that fit him(always wants things way too big) :bang: .
RUSS

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
This would cause some complications for the nationals and D14/D15 races. D14 guys would need to sign up for both D14 and the national/D15 class. Since all of the D14 races (except 2) fall into this category it is probably not worth the extra hassle for the clubs and points keepers.

NATIONAL CLASSES
Overall
86cc - 200cc A
86cc - 200cc B
201cc - 250cc A
201cc - 250cc B
251cc - Open A
251cc - Open B
86cc - Open 4 - Stroke A
86cc - Open 4 - Stroke B
Veteran 30+ A
Veteran 30+ B