Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I have not been in an Enduro since 1976 and can not remember how the Vet, Senior, Super Senior and Master ages are split. Seeing I can't remember the one with the oldest minimun age is for me. Is Senior over 40 and Super Senior over 50? Not that I'm going to ride one just would like to know. Now that i think about it, I don't think there was a Master or Vet Class in 1976.

Thanks

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Typically Vet is +30, Senior is +40, and Super Senior is +50. Masters is different from place to place from what I have seen but is sometimes +60.

From what I have heard back in 1976 there was just A, B, C. No ages classes, correct me if wrong as I was only 1 year old in 1976 and have heard from my father.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Back in 1976-1981 when I rode enduros.......

There was AA, A and B class and there was senior over 40 and Super senior over 50. There may have been Masters 60+ but I cannot remember. This was in District 14.

IMHO from what I can see  the "C" class is currently the most abused class and riders that ride a whole season of enduros should move themselves up to "B" and let the new comers and beginners ride "C" -maybe catch a trophy and get hooked. I view the "C" class for occasional riders, beginners and if you plan to race for points you should move to "B" after one full season of chasing points. But that's just me and maybe I am wrong.

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Each association is a little different and you will need to check with the association in which you intend on riding with. I your case the ECEA and NETRA web pages would give you the answers.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Fred T

IMHO from what I can see  the "C" class is currently the most abused class and riders that ride a whole season of enduros should move themselves up to "B" and let the new comers and beginners ride "C" -maybe catch a trophy and get hooked. I view the "C" class for occasional riders, beginners and if you plan to race for points you should move to "B" after one full season of chasing points. But that's just me and maybe I am wrong.

[/B]

No Fred - you are not wrong at all...just your perspective. Just to weigh in from the perspective of a (real!) slow guy...who does like to "race" enduros (some would argue my "race pace" is at best a slow trail ride pace):

- Here in D14, the C-class is split into C junior and C senior (30+). I entered my first race in 01 at age 38, raced about 1/2 of the series, and this year raced about 1/2 the series, though i had actuallyplanned on doing nearlly all of the races. I have never done well in terms of dropping low points, the only time I have placed "well" is simply because there were very few riders in my class! I have no illusions of being as fast as FredT (he can move!) and I am sure Fred realizes how painfully slow I am (he has seen me ride unfortunately)! When people ask what class I race - I jokingly say "slow old fart"...(no disrespect to others in C Senior intended)

I do admit...this year I had in mind the idea of seeing how well I would do in the overall points race...within my class...and really enjoyed it. Does that mean i was chasing points...i guess. Does it mean i take myself seriously as a real racer...heck NO!

I do agree the C class is abused. this year I saw C senior riders dropping points that would have placed them fairly well in B, doing as well or better than most C junior riders - a frustration for someone who is forever a C class rider. BUT D14 will move the top 5 C overall (junior and senior combined) up to B next year. I dont think I should have to move up having placed 15th in C overall. I know I wont do well up in B, and I dont take it that seriously. I do hope to next year race the series (maybe), and maybe simply by making all the races with a low turnout...i might get some points. that does not make me a B class rider.

My belief is the class system is like golf with a handicap...it allows you to compete with your peers at a similar skill level. If a rider demonstrates their skill level is most consistent with a higher class...they should move up. Otherwise...let us slow old farts that are sadistic enough to consider this stuff fun keep on doing what makes us happy. In fact... i could enter as a "A" class rider and still have the same fun! I just would not be able to feel like I was legitimately competing with anyone else! You cant get lost if you dont care where you are sorta thing!

My definition of C class is similar to Freds with a few modifications - it is for begineers who have not raced before, and for those like me...terminally slow! It is not for the guy who knows he is fast regardless of if they have raced before or not. I wonder if they should consider looking at the points dropped by a C class rider, and if they fall within some sort of range of what B class drops over lets say 2 races...mid year they would be moved up to B - rather than let it wait for a year. Or maybe as a first time racer your class is not "self declared", and based on how your results compare to other classes points dropped you will be "placed" into your class. (then all the new riders would be sure to do horrible in their first race though!)

Sorry for the soapbox mode and long reply!
Forever Slow,

Last edited:
Top Bottom