Ever been KO'd while riding??

• Yes

Votes: 98 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 114 53.8%

• Total voters

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
Uphill double, back yard track, hot-tired.... brain fart... bike unloaded me and head first backwards into the apex of the turn. Do remember the gound coming fast and hitting the head... didn't think I was knock out until a few days later when my son was laughing at the knobie bruises on my back. So I figured i must have been out for a little while because I don't remember the 248lb KX250 landing on my back.

Moral of the story.... don't get older than 50 as this is the age you forget what your doing midway up a jump.

mrliquid

Dec 26, 2006
never been on a bike but got sucker punched in High School and fell back and hit my head on the basketball court. I lost 3.5 days. It was strange going to school and people asking me things that happened and I have no idea what they're talking about. Plus some of my friends told me that the kid that hit me was getting me back for picking on him all day, lol I deserved it. The cops wanted me to press charges but I refused due to the fact I was a dick to the kid. minus 3.5 days and 2k in doctor bills I learned to be nice to everyone :) hehehehe

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
yeap..
unfortuantly a few times..

twice fairly seriusoly (ambulance trips)

one i actually woke up in the hospital..
never remebered ever going to the race , much less crashing..(still dont)
in fact felt perfectly fine,
like i just woke up on a tyoical morning..

and for the life of me couldnt figure out why the heck i had gotten from my bed at home,, somehow to a hospital room,, and why the heck i was wearing mx boots to bed anyway?

LOL

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
And I remember making you spend the night at my house because I didn't think you could make it home.Remember that?

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
yeah that was casey one.. i do remember it..
and also not being able to read a standard clock for about 2 weeks afteraards ,, coulsnt decide how the little hand /big had thing worked !
and knew i should be able to..
scary.. LOL

The other one that i still cant recall the day or details,
happened at north webster.

both times had a very good helmet , luckily.

thorman75- i remember one of yours at bryon...

me- ::trackside::
"bill are you ok? that looked very ugly man, are you sure you are allright?

bill- " yeah i'm just fine"

me-" well you should go to the ambulance and have them check you out,, you hit a tree "

bill- "no , i'm fine !!!
now umm where did we park?"

:whoa:

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Yeah that one is still a little foggy. I remember thinking this is gonna hurt, then the next thing I know I'm in the back of the trailer talking to an EMT.( I dont remember talking to you or Wardy)
Kind of like the time you poisoned me at Redbud. I don't remember much of that day either.

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Happened to me 3 months in a row: 7, 8 and 9/03. I had balance and gait problems for a long time after the 3rd, and mood/behavioral problems that persist to this day... ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Around 79 while practicing, autumn, sun was low. I think the sun through the trees brain farted me and my back tire clipped a 6" stump tapped out in 3rd gear and launched me over the bars and head first into a big tree! Don't remember nothing after that. My buddy who was riding with me said after I woke up I rode my bike home and did normal things, except for asking things 3&4 times. Next day after I found out what happened I checked my bike then went to the dr. Severe concussion, I took pills for 10 years to clear up the scar tissue, yeah right. 15 years later i was at the quackopractor and I was complaining about my neck and he took an xray and I had a large calcium buildup on my spine from an old compression fracture, nice! My bell helmut did not fit no more, it was crushed!

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Around 74 at Portz's farm you asked if I could jump all the way into the turn after the big jump. I would have made it if it hadn't been for that tree branch I smashed my head into. :whoa:
Had to climb up there and cut it down.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
...Thankfully I never have been knocked out and I am not planning on it... :cough: Yeah Right LOL :ride:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
So I did it again this weekend. Hit a small downhill double, then right before another jump there were some deep ruts. I made the dreaded mistake of looking at them and hit the side of the rut w/my disc brake cover, handlebars swapped and I went into the face of the jump. I was only out for a few seconds thankfully, tried to stand up but couldnt at first, weird feeling. i was wearing a
SHOEI VMoto, just ordered another one :cool:

Ride safe, don't look at ruts! :bang:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom