whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Does anyone here own one of these, and if so, how are you getting along with it? I am looking for a new truck for the company, I have a 00' Z71 and a 97' F-150 Step side, but with the new truck I will not be hauling much, nor will I tow much with it either. Actually the wife will probably be driving this. I'm a Chevy nut from way back but like this Ford because of the size, she has a Pathfinder LE now and it is way too small for me (always bang my head getting in and out). The super crew truck seems to fit a need for her: Haul flowers, plants and mulch, etc. and 4 doors for convenience with the kids and other stuff. We looked at the little ranger version, (or is it an explorer with a baby bed), but that was way too small. My thoughts are the Lariat package w/ 4x4. Any feedback is appreciated.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There's a fair chance one will be sitting at Rancho del Patman sometime. I considered it but for MY use it was a little light in the payload & towing. My wife on the other hand would be very well served by one. Get's her to and from work, can haul people and cargo, can pick up some nasty stuff and bring it home without mussing up the inside, could haul a couple of bikes... Seems like a good replacement for her big Bronco. The only problem is she won't let go of her OJ Simpson edition rig. Oh well more money for toys right?

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by Patman
The only problem is she won't let go of her OJ Simpson edition rig. Oh well more money for toys right?

Easy now. My Bronco has 175,000+ miles on it..still going strong. :aj:

If you have the extra clams, go with the Harley Davidson edition. Supercharged 340hp!

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
The '04s will be out in August of '03. All new body style and powertrain combinations. Both V8s will have 3 valves per cylinder and the 5.4L is supposed to have 340hp without the S/C. Auto trans will be 5 speed.

Our shop forman just bought an FX4 Super Crew. Now that's the ultimate F150!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
She's got 110,000 so far GGMan, it's been a great rig and the way it looks she won't let it go for quite some time. Maybe when she sees the new style Ford it will be a different story.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by 96whyzee125
My thoughts are the Lariat package w/ 4x4.

that's what i want. unfortunately, i can't afford it and a new bike. i'd rather have the bike.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom