Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
It was great to finally have the faces to names of people I've been chatting with and have read their post. I also want to thank some people for showing what DW is all about. Big Lou, Rooster, MrLuckey, my camp neighbor Lou and his family. The list could go on and on. Slomo, JP, Milk, Pred, Thunder33 (Jamie), Sarge, PK, Squeakygirl and last but not least OKIE and his family, you guys put on a really awesome event. Hope I can make it next year :)
This was just a partial list of all the people I've met. Everyone I came in contact with was just great. Oh ya, Vintage Dirt you crack me up :laugh:
Flyin-Scot and Tree Jumper hope to see you at Paragon sometime. Old Guy I guess I wasn't the oldest.

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Dapper, it was great to meet you in person too! I met quite a few new peeps this year, and was able to finally put a face with a name. Whyzee rode right up to me when I was putting my bike up and had this big smile on his face "are you GETMETOCA?" he asks? I knew it was him almost immediately when I put the face and the YZ together. I also met LoriKTM and Dave, Lew and his family, Dapper, RahRah, Beef706, Philip the Cajun (Motohead and I knocked on his camper door about midnight Monday night to meet him - sorry we woke your whole family up!!!). Then there was RV6junkie who we met out in the woods with some of his family (Cool family BTW). I knew it was "dead" by the number 777 on his Kawi during the poker run. SqueakyGirl was with Papa so I put that one together (plus she has that RI accent too!). KAV was another one I was glad to meet in person, interesting guy. CAM, can't miss him! How did he fit in that little tent, I will never know. And Pred of course, gets out of the van, all 6'8" in camo and shades looking like kind of a badass, but gives me and Aimee big bear hugs so he's not all that scary in person afterall. :)

B

biglou

Amen to all of the above. I've been hella busy since returning, so haven't had time to post much for fear of forgetting something. Just like every year prior, so many fantastic new faces met, along with a ton of old friends. Some I see often, some only at DW. Great to finally meet fellow chat-pack pal Dapper, bigguy steve (whyzee), and so many others. Finally got to meet my neighbor to the south, Wraith. RV6 and family, the whole Tejas crew again, man, the list goes on and on. I was just buzzing with energy from meeting and seeing everyone. Hope I didn't seem too distant, as I am easily distracted by shiny objects and bright colors! ;) Suffice to say, if I shook your hand, or saw you roaming around, it was my pleasure to meet each and every one of you and to hang out and tip a few (sometimes a few too many! :o ) at the bombfire-which, btw, was conveiniently located 10 ft from my truck this year! :cool:

Don't take this statement too lightly: DirtWeek is the highlight of my year and I have always had the best time. Great people and dirt bike riding and bench racing and doing stupid stuff too late at night and on and on... Does life get any better than that? I doubt it! God bless!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Nat sed:
And Pred of course, gets out of the van, all 6'8" in camo and shades looking like kind of a badass, but gives me and Aimee big bear hugs so he's not all that scary in person afterall.
dangit, I was gonna try and get my bluff in early, but everyone was just too dang nice to me. :)

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Actually Nat, I was gonna say he WAS scarier in person, but maybe it was just the last night campfire ( that was smooooth ) Meeting Pred, BigLou, Natalie(GetmetoCA) Mr.Luckey, GSR, Crash, Nikki, Red, Milk (have you seen his baseball) XR3J, MX547, Danman, Dapper, Mulley, Rooster,Elk,TreeJumper, Patman, Oldguy, Cam, FC22, Thump, Okie and all the rest I am forgetting at the moment was the highlight of my year. My wife asked me which was more fun riding or meeting the people? I said "yes".

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You're kidding right?

B

biglou

Originally posted by Thump
Who was it that walked up to Guy Cooper and asked him what his name was? Was it you Lou?
Not exactly. Swift said he thought it was Chuck (Cooper) out marking trails on Saturday. So when one of the (obviously) Coopers rode up on his four wheeler, I said, "You're Chuck, right?" To which Guy answered, "Actually, my name's Guy..." DOH! :o

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Lou, I'm sure you didn't hurt Guys feelings, big brother Chuck also happens to haul butt! I have seen the same thing happen to Chuck before.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Funny thing is Swift knows 'em both :p They do kinda look a like on a with a helmet.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Maybe I'm in the minority but, I would not know Guy Cooper if bit me on the butt :moon:
Only have seen him on the track. So give a guy a break.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Dapper
Maybe I'm in the minority but, I would not know Guy Cooper if bit me on the butt :moon:&nbsp;

I was standing by the sign up table and&nbsp;Guy walked over to look at the pictures and I knew it was him and I just clammed up and couldn't even think of anything to say so I just kind of ran away......And last year, he was in line behind me at Jack and Diane's for water or a sno cone or whatever, and I could not bring myself to turn around and chat him up.&nbsp; That's not like me ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sheez.. the guy is just a national champ and isde gold medal winner... no biggie :p

He's a very approachable, down to earth nice guy, 'cept when he's mad at you for letting trail get cut across his trail :scream: When I heard someone say "Guy is looking for you", I thought about hiding.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I wouldn't have known him if I hadn't been introduced. Not big on the face/name recognition.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Sheez.. the guy is just a national champ and isde gold medal winner... no biggie :p He's a very approachable, down to earth nice guy, 'cept when he's mad at you for letting trail get cut across his trail :scream: When I heard someone say "Guy is looking for you", I thought about hiding.

He is a working machine too, Guy and a couple of his buds spent at least two hours working with us to get the 2nd bridge crossing in place so that our woods events would run smoothly instead of having a huge bottleneck at the first river crossing :worship:

Top Bottom