Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
In a few weeks, I'm having a week off work where I'm not allowed to do much. This means I'll be spending a fair bit of time online (worse than normal), so I thought maybe I should make up a FAQ, with either links to good threads or go through them & post good info (my opinion of that, I'll be asking for help along the way).

Questions that spring to mind are:
lowering
pipes (heck, I'm confused about them now with the KG30 & 35) - but thought that was perfectly well covered in the kdx pages?

I know there are thousands of other questions that come up at regular intervals, so if you guys can add to the topics I want to research, that'd be cool. I'm thinking that we could stick the post to the top along with the kdx pages link thread.

Idea or dumb idea? I also wouldn't have a clue (surprisingly) as to how long a post can be, but could break it up into topics. Also, if it's stickied, it can still be posted to?

I'd also be happy/ier if CDave posted it, so would email him the copy, it's just I'll have time to research it. Just wanting to get a feel for whether it'll be worthwhile doing or not and if so, definitely getting topics added to the list (I'm having a brain fade, it's getting late & I'm suffering from loss of memory). I know there are heaps of questions that get asked all the time.
Michelle

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well, MIchelle...you can always give us one of your cool ride reports from a previous ride. They are always cool to read. They always make me laugh...it's your wirting style I think. I love it.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A FAQ would be great. The meaning of the acronymn however shows the problem to be self evident. If it wasn't asked frequently, it wouldn't be a FAQ. Of course, the reason it's asked frequently is people generally don't look for an answer to their question in the first place, so why would they look in a FAQ?

Still, I think it's a good idea. What sort of range are you looking for? Facts or opinions? Some of the below are largely a matter of opinion (Belray H1R/HR1 ...whatever it is... is complete absolute crap!), some are a matter of fact (octane boost in a 7.5:1 motor doesn't do anything but maybe make your plugs look funny).

• Jetting
  • Oil (brand and ratio)
  • Spark Plugs (resistor? heat range? metal composition? nose type?)
  • Tires (size? brand?)
  • FWW
  • Octane boost
  • Race gas use
  • 220 piston problems (stock pistons break)
  • 200 piston/cylinder alpha designations (what are they, why should I care?)
  • Setting race sag
  • What is free sag and how does it relate to spring rate?
  • Fork spring change (and..what oil, how much, how to check)
  • Clicker settings
  • Coolant reservoir (why is it always empty?)
  • Incontinent carb (doesn't hold gas for piddle!)
  • Parts diagrams (buykawasaki.com)
  • etc
  • etc

You could keep busy for quite a long time!

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Do it Do it Do it!!!! I think the link to Canadian Dave's site at the top is a great thing, but a FAQ would be even better. Tons of people always coming in here asking the same stuff. I never really did (been in here 1 yr), but I fuond CDave's site BEFORE I found this forum. DOn't get me wrong, we all have the same questions, and we all want to help, but no one wants to type the same reply every week.... :)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Maybe the great one(s) could put together a search function for that particular thread? Or, if it was a forum of its own it could be designated as the search object.

Or..if it was just one long thread, the 'find' function on the browser would work.

It would need to be searched somehow.

Good luck, michelle. Bet you'll stay plenty busy!!

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
HEY MICHELLE-- GOT OH CAPS ---i was wondering what about what Rad valve to use in what machine what works best--And about the lowering of the kdx don't worry about i'm just nuts thats all iwas just looking for a better way to be better i the woods--also i want to know about pipes
air filters--what to clean them with--anything better than gas, is there any water based solvents--i tried simple green it don't work--what about the hybrid kickstarter,is it better? Tires which kinds hook up in all terrains- what about modifications done to the head,porting stuff like that- i'm dieing to know if it works well what about cool riding gear what to wear in different conditions --what gear ratio works the best for diff conditions--seat modifications-which oils to run--what gas to use-- this as you can see is coming off the top of my head--sorry it's in no order--thats all i got for now.

Top Bottom