corpblues

Jan 1, 2004
After being off a bike for 20 years I got the itch to ride again. To start off slow and inexpensive I bought a used TTR-225 and a Kit trailer from harbor freight.

The trailer arrived Friday, so I took the day off and put it together. Easy 3 hour assembly, 10 hours later it was together with a plywood deck, rails and tie downs.

Excited this morning to get started, I headed to the trails in The Colony, TX since it is only a few miles from my house. It was a blast and began to get the feel of riding again. I headed back to my truck to rest up for a few minutes. That's when the fun ended thanks to The Colony police.

Apparently the city of Frisco has complained about the noise and what had been a nice convinent area to ride is now being shut down. This area is between The Colony and Frisco. Frisco has built up to where houses are close to the trail. The price of progress.

Looking for somewhere else convient to ride...

I've heard of Marshall Creek by Lake Grapevine, TX. Are there any other trail areas around north Dallas? Any ideas?

corpblues

Jan 1, 2004
It wasn' my ttr-225 bike that was the problem. It was the noise of all the bikes in general that is the problem. Guess some people would prefer everyone just sit quietly in front of their tv's.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Check out the North Texas Smack Pack chapter. They always have something going on as far a riding and getting together is concerned.
BTW, I also got one of those trailers. Be sure to keep an eye on the lug bolts, and the bearing grease.

Top Bottom