firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Last weekend out at the ORV park, I ran into the Howell family. Dad, bro and sis. Little bro (can't remember his name) is a hell of a rider and flings his KX 60 around like you would not believe. Sis Sheri (sp?) is super fast too, and just stepped up to a KX 125 from her KX 80 and 100. She is about 15 and rides like you would not believe. Last year, she was hucking her KX 100 all the way over the 90 foot tabletop. Yes, over my head as I jumped less than a quarter of the way across it. This little scrawny teenager was clearing the whole thing on a bike half the size of mine. Sickening.

So anyway, I see her just absolutely railing on the 125, and am impressed watching her. Her dad and I BSed for a while--he rides a KTM--then she came in for a rest break. I watched her slide off the bike--she's only 5' tall! She hooked one knee up over the seat and stood there for a while, then hopped right back on, started the bike and went back out for a few more laps. Not a single awkward moment.

Now I feel silly about ever bitching about the height of my bike. I'm seven inches taller and still have awkward moments, yet she is completely comfortable on her bike. Makes me feel kinda lame. Granted she rides motocross, not trails, but still . . .

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by 4EverOrange
Makes me feel kinda silly too. Also makes me wish Dad would have taught me how to ride when I was a kid. :)

I second that!!!!!!

Top Bottom