gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
I went riding yesterday at Emory.This guy has some tables and tons of trails.Well the problem is that my forks seemed to beat me to death on little choppy stuff and to wash out in turns.They are a little to stiff for me right now they have been re-valved before , but for a guy around 40 pounds heavier than me.The shock seemed ok, but was a little soft and was re-valved also by JM racing, for the same guy.Is there any way to soften up my forks?I know different springs, but I do not know what size or what size are in there now.Is there like a chart somewhere that shows kinda the spring size to your weight?Thanks

racerx125

Jun 1, 2001
s or h

if they are upside down forks then there should be a screw on top that say s and h that means soft and hard u can turn it either way to soften ot harden the forks......but it doesnt make too much of a difference

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
While I'm sure Eric can answer your question, Jeremy is the suspension guru and moderator of this forum.

Well the problem is that my forks seemed to beat me to death on little choppy stuff and to wash out in turns.
Pssst:
back off the compression.

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
A couple other things you may want to try, (1) Make sure they are not all the way down or flush in the triple clamps. (2)Make sure R/S fork tube not bound up. (3)Grab frt. brake and pull up (top out) your forks. Make sure they relax & sag a little to check bushings.

doc

Top Bottom