Found a two stroke that might just be fun to ride

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Probably would be a blast in sand and mud.

Hmm, it reminds me of the BW200 that Yamaha made back in the 80's.

p0068-photo1.jpg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Well it does say experienced riders? Who is experienced enough to ride that? Good catch Joe, I sure would not what to find out, tapped in 5th gear and hit the brakes, maybe them balloon tires will deflect you from danger? Them drum brakes will not stop it. Total woods weapon indeed, if you are suicidal, or just dumb. It is from Ohio, so,,that clears it up! Vintage Bob

Mar 18, 2006
I think Yamaha still makes the "big wheel".

That cr500 big wheel looks like a hoot. Probably goes thru the wet/soft pretty good. Using power is always an exercise in self restraint. This is no different. :whoa:

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
longtime coming said:
I think Yamaha still makes the "big wheel".
Nah, they refined the idea quite a bit and actually made a cool little bike and it is now the TW200.

24226_0_1_2_tw%20200_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

Mar 18, 2006
I just had a look at the TW. It is similar, but much different than the old big wheel. Looks like the biggest difference is the tire size. The new one does not have "balloon" tires. I have friends with 2 of the old ones. They are great for riding around the farm, slowly. :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
pred:

You are likely the only person I have met big enough to hold the front end down IF that sucker ever hooked up.

Dtm

Oct 28, 2009
showing my age

I can remeber when they first came out with the Fatcat version!I just seen one about a month ago and was able to see it in action!They came out with it in mind to keep people off 3wheelers and it failed!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I'm with Bob, the 3 wheelers were an attempt to reduce the human population, and the quads are not much safer. We had alot fun on some old honda 200cc 3 wheelers in high school. No suspension, just some gigantic balloon tires that act like trampolines if you get more than a foot off the ground, lol. Did I mention they get really squirelly when bouncing along? Death traps.....

And those late 80s 250r quads? Banshees? :coocoo: Your odds of survival are about as good as an astronaut on a mission to mars. :whoa:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I never rode the 250r thingy. That was just nuts! I do believe riding this bike with a 500 engine in it would be very unpredictable past 3rd gear. A sure bet Service Honda will not be putting out any of these models out like this. Vintage Bob

Mar 18, 2006
I think Suzuki built a 500cc version of a 2 stroke trike :yikes:

I used trikes for survey work. It was an aquired taste. Amazingly, it was easier to get a trike thru soft (muskeg) country than it is to get a boat anchor quad through. The 200cc versions of the trikes almost floated on there own and could be manhandled through almost anything.

I remember one day when my rodman at the time (who couldn't ride for anything) just drove the Big Red right off the road at the end of a corner because it "wouldn't turn". Holy crap, lucky he didn't die going over that embankment.

We used to race out of the bush at the end of the day (safety, safety), and one day my trike just tore itself out of my hands and flipped upside down underneath me. I didn't even hurt myself as I rode it out on an upside down trike. Lucky. :blah:

And I never rode a race-trike either. Only some different utility trikes.

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
Everyone on here is really against quads for some reason. I'm against the typical guy with no helmet racing around the pit area but not all guys are like that. I started on bikes went to quads and back to bikes and even while i was on a four wheeler i still wore the same boots helmet and other protective gear that i do on a bike. Sometimes four wheelers do have some advantages, anyone ridden one of the new 450 sport quads?

Top Bottom