highrange101

May 20, 2007
Im a new rider and I find myself using 90% more front brake then rear. Is this an OK thing or do I need to use rear brake more? I ride mostly on trails and feilds. Will this affect me on learning jumps and tracks?

maxrevs666

totally rocktacular
~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2007
i was out yesterday and was in such a rush to get going that i didnt bother to check all bolts were tight.... :whoa: anyway after ten minutes i had no rear brake and looked down to find that the bolts that hold on the rear brake assembly were gone. i was debating on packing up and heading home but toughed it out for the whole day only using the front brake. I have to say it really reinforced my confidence in front wheel braking and probably improved my riding too.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
What part did you lose? Whatever came off should have been flopping around.

Several years ago I was about 5 minutes into a five hour ride (Manchester SF near Sumter) when I started swapping and hit a tree on the left side of the trail with the right side of the bike about 2 feet off the ground (they didn't have whoops in the trails...I think they buried old VWs every 20 or 30 feet). I broke of the rear brake lever and had to ride the rest of the day with only the front brake and the sand to slow me down. I improved that day.

maxrevs666

totally rocktacular
~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2007
all i lost were the actual bolts that hold on the assembly. the whole reservoir / etc was all still there held on by the brake hose. so two new bolts and a spot of threadlocker and i was sorted again, heading out again this evening again for the first day without rain in thirty three days. gotta love the irish summer

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
We havent had rain in about that long! I think we've had a half an inch since may. You can send some my way.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom