YZ/250

Dec 17, 2006
I was looking over my bike the other day and I noticed that my front rotor on my YZ has a little play where the rotor fits on to the front wheel. Is this normal? It flexs a little side to side. I noticed theres several small rubber bushings where the rotor fits onto the wheel. I know this sounds stupid, but I just never noticed it till the other day. Maybe its just a Yamaha thing?
thanks,
Cameron

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
it's a floating disc, I believe built that way to keep the heat buildup from the braking part of the disk from transferring to the portion mounted to the hub. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be any play in it, but I'm sure someone else will have something to say about it.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
All my bikes with a floating disk have had some amount of play. Nothing you can feel by hand, just by applying the brake and rolling the bike back and forth.

YZ/250

Dec 17, 2006
I can get a little play with my hand when I was checking out the rotor. I just don't want problems when Im riding if you know what I mean.

May 9, 2007
The play is normal. The rotors have a floating-mount design to allow perfect alignment with the caliper even if the rotor has small amounts of warpage or cupping.

Top Bottom