djcash2000

Jun 25, 2000
I have a frozen swing arm pivot bolt. I am trying to leak down some WD-40 and am hitting it with a mallet but am not getting it to move. I have a DRZ400. Helpful hints would be great.

Sep 23, 2002
did u try to remove or atleast loosen all the motor mounts then try to take out the bolt??? i did that to a friends bike before and it worked, it wasnt a DRZ though. hope that helps if not then im out of ideas

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Buy a new bike Dave :p . Try any heat? Get a 2x4 and put over the end of the pivot bolt and get a BIGGER hammer.
When you get finished with yours you can do mine :thumb:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Get the bike on a work stand (well, ahem, i asume youve already done that.) and wiggle the swingarm.
Is there a lot of play??
If there is an excessive amount you may have cracked the bolt.
This happened to my YZ400 and where the bolt split it mushroomed a bit. :eek:
Yea, it was .....hades.
Had to remove the rear wheel and engine and hacksaw that $@%& bugger out. :scream:
Hopefully this hasnt happened to yours, but then again.....
Soak that bugger -w- PB1 or WD40 overnight and use a sledge.
Cursing and praying may help too. :whiner:

djcash2000

Jun 25, 2000
thanks guys, especially you Dennis since I just bought my kid a bike from classic, I'm not allow to go back for a while. OAS, I will check my swing arm, if its broke, I'm going to classic for that new bike.

ACES 2

Jul 13, 2002
I have had great luck with a product called break free.It works 10x better than most nut breakers.They have a web site,I think its breakfree.com.Good luck,ACES 2

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Heat and breakfree are your choices, do both. It's seized probably from rust and corrosion. All I can say is good luck!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom