Nov 15, 2008
I have a 93 cr125 the swing arm pivoting bolt is stuck. :bang: i have done everything. gear puller soaking in PB blaster hammer and punch.
What next? i am taking this apart to rebuild the bottom end of the bike and the rear suspension needs some work i think it may just need filled with nitrogen.(HOPEFULLY)

Thanks for your help
-Kory

Nov 15, 2008
how should i go about that? i know it should get cut in between the engine and swing arm on each side but how to i get in there?i think everything is butt up agenst eachother

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
dodgecummins2500 said:
how should i go about that? i know it should get cut in between the engine and swing arm on each side but how to i get in there?i think everything is butt up agenst eachother

Best bet is a reciprocating saw..

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
WAIT !!! Before you try to cut it, try one more thing that usually works for me. If you havn't damaged the threads of the bolt yet, thread the nut back on it. Soak the crap out of it with some "WD40". Loosen the rest of the engine mount bolts. Take an air or electric impact gun, tighten and loosen the pivot bolt a bunch of times. Sometimes this will break the rust enough that you can get it to start moving. Work it back and forth a few times. Also try a little heat from a torch or heat gun. If you get the bolt out in one peice, clean it up on a wire wheel and be sure to apply antiseize compound to it before you re-install it.

Nov 15, 2008
ALRIGHT! ha ha thanks guys i didnt do any cutting yet. ill try the air gun and it moves left and right a little big but seems stuck i think part of it may be the swing arm bearings... ill try everything from wd-40 PB and maybe some deep creek ha if you have ever heard of the stuff.

moto9

May 5, 2004
I have had a few of these to deal with...mostly quads, no one here greases anything "HA", that said for an island surrounded by salt air...and you know how much grease the factory uses?
Anyway,
I fabbed up a jig with a 20 ton hydralic jack and I sheer them out. I say sheer because the bolt actually gets grooved by the races and it's like having multiple circlips in place.
So, If you absolutly can't get it out, if you strip the bike down you local bike or machine shop may be able to fit it into their press.

Nov 15, 2008
I got it out last night.... used the inpact gun to make it so tight that you could see the frame move in and out when i tightened/loosened it. I soaked it in PB and WD40 and used map gas to heat it up then finaly it got loose enough to come out even tho it was still really tight. :nod:

Top Bottom