FRP upper triple and handle bar clamp

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I use the one piece upper bar clamp and it is a huge improvement over the two piece. My bars haven't moved since I installed it.

FYI, the link you posted shows a picture of the upper bar clamp and part of the triple clamp but the triple clamp is shown only for effect. For $29.95 you get only the upper bar clamp (black piece) but that's all you need anyway. I highly recommend it if you have a problem with your bars moving.

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
Mac said:
I use the one piece upper bar clamp and it is a huge improvement over the two piece. My bars haven't moved since I installed it.

FYI, the link you posted shows a picture of the upper bar clamp and part of the triple clamp but the triple clamp is shown only for effect. For $29.95 you get only the upper bar clamp (black piece) but that's all you need anyway. I highly recommend it if you have a problem with your bars moving.

Okay, so it comes with the bar clamp, plus some kind of solid inserts to replace the stock rubber ones? Do you notice significantly more vibrations?

saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
No it does not come with any solid inserts. It comes with the black handlebar clamp and thats it. You get 1 item for $30 plus shipping. Nothing else.

Edit - Actually I think it came with longer bolts and a sticker. THATS IT.

Dewster

Feb 4, 2002
I run the FRP Upper Handle Bar Clamp and it works great. Prior to installing it, I was stopping trail side to tweak my bars back straight after a crash or close encounter with a tree. Highly Recommended.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
This is what I've found. I have the FRP Bar Clamp. Prior to installing on my 220, if you fell the bars went this a way and that a way. Even after the install they would still twist but not nearly as bad. Fast forward. I did the KX Forks conversion with a KX250 Upper TT. I installed new bushings, used the FRP Bar Clamp and I've smacked trees, dumped in on a fire road, etc. You know what, the bars did not twist AT ALL. So if yours have twisted prior to the FRP Clamp, then I would suggest replacing the bushings and then install the FRP Clamp.

captbly99

May 30, 2005
I second the new rubber bushing inserts and the one piece handle bar clamp. I was tweaking them all the time also, every little tree and soil sample, got that stuff and never had to come home and loosen all that stuff up and put it back in line again. Ecxept now my green bike is probably gone forever :( Dang theives, hope they rot in @#$%!
Riding a 200EXC tomorrow for the day, that will probably be my next bike. But, I want to ride it for the day to get the feel for it. See how bad it wears me out.

Top Bottom