94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I recently contacted a board member about making some small bags for my mini woods racers. They hate wearing fanny packs made for adults and we were having a hard time trying to figure out how to get them to carry tools.
Anyway, CODAN has made us some cool bags that we mounted to the rear fender of the minis(I mounted one on my 300e as well). The are short bags with a buckle to hold things tight. Just and FYI and a thanks to Dan for going out of his way to make these!
We have already put one to use as my son fouled a plug on his KX 80 mod. He had the tools, plug and no how to do it on the trail. A few weeks ago he would have been done as he had nothing to carry his stuff in. 90lb short rider has no use for a fanny pack! :aj:

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Kevin - you going to be at Sedalia, right? I'll look you up then & introduce myself. Sounds like we could use one on the little XR.

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Excellent...seems there are many members of this board that enjoy the MHSC. I am the guy with the blue(or green) crew cab ford pulling a Tail gator trailer. Emig Racing stickers on the side of it and usually a big crowd hanging around. Always welcoming people for sure. What clas do you ride and does the 100 rider race the junior class?

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
This will be my first race. Just started riding again this summer, after a 23 year layoff - guess I can run the beginner class w/o any sandbagging issues! :)

Son is still learning to ride, but hoping to get him into a H/S before the end of the season. Probably accelerate his skills faster than anything else. Just need to get him to the point where he can cover the entire course on his own.

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I have a junior race team. But my nephew broke his arm this past weekend and will only start the race. Sedalia is kinda tough for a new rider but is wide enough that if he has any skills at all he could make it. i started my son out on a 60 2 years ago then he went to a 65 last year and is now competing on a 100. he rides well now and will usaully place top 10. next year he says he wants to make a run at the championship. (he is the kid on a Kawi with batman on his back). If you haven't been to a Missouri race for awhil;e then you are in for a treat. Expect 200 bikes(maybe more since it rained) and alot of spectators

Top Bottom