holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
bikepilot said:
Sounds like the old lady is making it up to me. Just doesn't fit.

After reading that I'd have to agree. Probably just an old lady imagining things and/or trying to get attention. When Bailey is cleared, she should be locked up for the rest of her natural life (if she's mentally competant).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No way am I jumping to conclusions either way.
And speaking of either way? Bailey is toast, no matter how it comes out. Unfortunate. Big time.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Unless they have it caught on tape , that sounds like too insane for any judge or anybody that knows Gary, to believe, and it looks like the whole scenerial is gonna backfire in the 71 year old lady's face.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Red Mamba said:
Unless they have it caught on tape , that sounds like too insane for any judge or anybody that knows Gary, to believe, and it looks like the whole scenerial is gonna backfire in the 71 year old lady's face.

I agree. It just doesn't make sense. Somethin' aint right.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
That just doesn't sound like the kind of thing people readily make up. If it was his ex-wife, fighting a custody battle, I'd be very skeptical. But why would this woman, a perfect stranger, apparently, make this up at Wendy's? No; something happened that upset her greatly. And Bailey's statement sounds bad; if there were a simple explanation, he'd give it. And if he could flatly deny it, he would. Instead, he makes this vague, confusing statement that whatever this looks like, it's not that, it's something else, but he can't say what it is. That doesn't sound good. I hope that it all turns out to be nothing, but I suspect he's in trouble.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Okiewan said:
No way am I jumping to conclusions either way.
And speaking of either way? Bailey is toast, no matter how it comes out. Unfortunate. Big time.

To Okie's point... check this out... :|

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
tony91 said:
To Okie's point... check this out... :|

Gary Thomas Bailey, 62, Axton, Va., lewd and lascivious behavior on a five year old child;

Oh man. :|
Sorry, I'm not gonna burry the guy. Need to read the complaint and hear his side. One person saying it, thinking they saw it, etc., doesn't make it so.

As the law dogs will tell ya... eye witness' are the WEAKEST evidence in a trial.

I just hate to see people tried and convicted before the trial.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
I'm trying desperatley to understand your last post Red Mamba.....
since I have a bud who's a sheriff's deputy, and his wife is a social worker, I have learned a little about offenders.

Red Mamba, to someone who would offend, age doesn't matter. For a time here in my hometown, there was a mid-20's kid who would be spotted with his pants around his ankles at the sliding glass doors of several single ladies of various ages. I won't go into what he was doing, you can fill in the blanks yourself.

What am I saying? That age is not a factor to the offenders.

I'm also not saying whether Bailey did anything, or didn't. According to RacerX, Davey Coombs says he personally talked to Bailey, and Bailey said that the truth would come out in due course and he would be vindicated.

we'll just have to wait and see.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
XRpredator said:
there was a mid-20's kid who would be spotted with his pants around his ankles at the sliding glass doors of several single ladies of various ages.

Anyone know if GB has ever been accused of anything like this, before? Or did he just decide to take up this public exposure hobby at age 62? I want to know more about his accuser. This whole thing smells.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
In my office we recently had a client accused of repeatedly molesting his daughter - he hasn''t been charged yet - it's a custody issue at this point. Anyway, the girl (12) made statements to police, social workers, etc . . . but some things just didn't make sense - the police used black light on bed, etc. . . no evidence found. No evidence on physical exam. Girl's testimony was consistent, but always left out a significant fact which should have occurred at the end of each of these events . . . you know what I mean.

Two days ago the ex-wife offered to say the girl made it all up if the father would give her $200 to go to Florida. That's pretty cheap to get out of 10-15 felonies . . . It would be a minimum of $10,000 to obtain private representation on those charges.

I understand that the Bailey situation is different given that our case involved marital issues and his doesn't, but we get stuff like this all the time and many times its even wierder.

The story sounds pretty unlikely to me unless he has some previous history of this stuff - I mean, he's 61. From what I know, I would think that most offenders of that type would have established that sort of behavior long before.

Does anyone know about his marital status/situation? If there were some problem presently happening there, then it might make the occurence more likely.

Anyway, I'm sure we'd take his case in our office.

I note he was doing this in a very public place and no other witnesses were mentioned that I saw in a skim of 2 or 3 articles. Hmm. . . Of course, he would have looked better if he would have stayed at the Wendy's instead of taking off.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
maybe Gary cut in front of her in line, and she is getting back at him,
maybe Gary B has an attitude (Ive heard he does). I wouldnt think a 70+ lady would even know who Gary B is, as far as going after a "person of fame" for $$$,

On the other hand, we had a gentleman (should reconsider that noun) at work, 52 +, great guy, great wife, (also works there) this last Dec he was charged with two counts of felony against a minor, (under cover agent), charges on line at State of Wi Judical system. No priors. So age really doesnt mean anything, priors dont mean much. People you would never believe could do this,......do. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
I suppose I have two primary thoughts on this.

First, of course we should not convict him on the internet. That's what trials are for.

Second, neither should we diefy him just because he is a major player in the dirtbike world. These behaviors do happen, and just because someone rides a dirtbike does not make them automatically immune to whatever demons cause this sort of behavior.

I'll wait for the trial.

Funny, but now that I think on it, I found myself once in the position of defending this very same position as pertains to John Walker Lindh. He was convicted of treason on this very board, and I was visciously attacked for presuming him innocent until proven otherwise.

What say the lynchmob now?

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Okiewan said:
I'm trying desperatley to understand your last post Red Mamba.... you might want to back away from the keyboard for a while. ;)
My bad ,i understand age doesn't matter but i thought may be under the influence of alcohol/drugs it could be possible to involve in this kind of act, which was not the case, its just craaaazie. I hope Gary has enough to prove not only to the judge but the entire racing world that has always embraced him.

Last edited:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Zoomer said:
No priors. So age realy doesnt mean anything, priors dont mean much. People you would never believe could do this,......do. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

I didn't say prior convictions, I said history . . . I maintain that it would be strange for a person to just start doing something like this late in life - unless there was a trigger of some sort. I suspect that the person in Zoomer's example had either a trigger event or had been affected by similar issues before - even if he hadn't acted on them.

Of course, if the person in question had no convictions, we probably wouldn't know of the history - unless the subject was Michael Jackson. Oops, sorry - he's never been convicted. ;)

Anyway, the trial doesn't really prove anything one way or the other - see below:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson76.html

http://www.libertyforall.net/nthedrgwar.html

At this point I follow the above articles in going partly off topic . . .

Incidentally, the head attorney in my firm, Steven Story, was a prosecutor for four years in the early 80s in Meigs County, Ohio where we live. In the 70s and early 80s, "Meigs County Gold" marijuana was apparently known across the country for its "quality".

Anyway, Story determined to rid Meigs County and the surrounding counties of drugs during his term. He was extremely successful in getting convictions - the top defense attorney only beat him on one case in four years. Story managed to convict the top dealer in Meigs County, the top dealer in Gallia County and had the one from Mason County so scared he wouldn't enter the County.

Mr. Story now regrets his zealous prosecution of the drug crimes.

First, because even though he was very successful in getting convictions, the drug trade did not significantly decrease. As happened in the prohibition of alcohol in the 20s, making the drugs illegal simple causes the price to go up and makes the profit margins so high that SOMEONE will step in to take the place of the convicted dealer.

Second, he now holds the view that the government should not pry into people's personal lives and try to determine what the can or cannot put in their own body - it's a private matter and should be left as such until the addict adversely affects another person - i.e. armed robbery of a person to get money for drugs should be harshly prosecuted as an ARMED ROBBERY. . . killing someone is already illegal. . . Failure to support one's family because you spending the money on drugs should eventually result in a divorce complete with alimony and child support obligations (which are punishable by prison for non-payment) . . .etc . . . The children of such a family are NOT arguably in a better position with their dad or mom in prison. If the parent gets abusive on while drugs, then they can be prosecuted for abuse.

Third, many of the persons he convicted were actually productive members of society who are now either still in prison or are now carrying felony records and cannot be as productive as they once were.

Of course, drugs can be extremely destructive, but the whole approach in this legal system needs to change.

Finally, as to trials, the modern prosecutor is typically not interested in whether the accused actually committed the crime - he's interested in getting convictions. The common tactic is to charge the person with a number of reduntant charges to get them to plead to a lesser offense.

You can see this type of tactic in action in the music download cases - thousands of dollars in potential fines per song shared. . ? Another example is from a couple years ago when Allen Iverson was charged with like 13 counts for "breaking in" a rental property he owned to try and find his wife. A recent one from this area is a stupid high school student here in Ohio who called in a bomb threat on his cell.

When he got caught, he was charged with: inducing panic, making a terrorist threat and making false alarm.

Aren't those all the same things?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
robwbright said:
I maintain that it would be strange for a person to just start doing something like this late in life - unless there was a trigger of some sort.

'xactly. :nod:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Anyone have anything new on this?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Somebudy gotta know sumthin'. :ohmy:

Top Bottom