mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
I just bought a few Gary Semics DVD's on motocross.

I grabbed these 3: "all about cornering", "riding techniques for all conditions", and "how to win starts".

Those DVD's are pricey; I paid $30-$40 for each DVD!

At any rate, I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever seen any of the Gary Semics movies, and what you thought of them? Are they any good?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I have the 2-Day Moto School DVD ... decent video, not great. Not worth $40.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
Okiewan said:
I have the 2-Day Moto School DVD ... decent video, not great. Not worth $40.

Thanks for the info Okiewan. Do you have any recommendations for MX videos that are better than Gary Semics?

B

biglou

I think the Semics videos are great. There's no flash, no show, and his delivery is somewhat deadpan and monotone, but the information and demonstrations in them are great, IMO.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
biglou said:
I think the Semics videos are great. There's no flash, no show, and his delivery is somewhat deadpan and monotone, but the information and demonstrations in them are great, IMO.

Couldn't have said it better. :cool:

JustinC

Apr 5, 2005
I have the bike set-up and mx training dvd's. Definitely not worth the money. I learned more about bike set-up from read and talking with people on message forums. As far as the mx training dvd, it was all pretty much common sense stuff that I was already doing anyway.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I bought the cornering DVD and was a little disappointed. Perhaps I should have gotten the techniques DVD first. I have the McGrath disc on order now.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
theyre good for kids, more thorough than i have patience to instruct them ...........you should get a load of my 4yo nephew "keeping his elbows up" on his rm50 :laugh:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
People need to keep in mind they are likley not going to find the hidden secret to being a factory rider on one of these DVD's. They are all decent DVD's and if you take all the information you can acquire out of the Semics DVD AND actually put in the work your riding will improve bottom line. If your good enough that you got nothing out of them your a much more accomplished rider than pretty much everyone without an AMA Pro licence.

Lessons from a decent teacher are never a bad thing either.

As far as the DVD's go I think the Transworld one with Ryan Hughes was pretty good for info and presentation.

Top Bottom