gas running out overflow tube on uphills

rlbranson

Dec 24, 2003
I have a problem with my 98 kdx200 losing gas out the overflow tube on uphills. It really gets weak on a long up hill. the carb doesn't piddle at any other time, but it leaves a trail on uphills. The float rubber tip looks great even under a strong magnifying glass. I searched around but couldn't find another thread with this exact problem. as i said it only floods on uphill inclines. I will probabley replace the float needle but wonder if there is anything else to do or look for while the carb is apart. thanks for any help.

bob

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
rlbranson said:
I have a problem with my 98 kdx200 losing gas out the overflow tube on uphills. It really gets weak on a long up hill. the carb doesn't piddle at any other time, but it leaves a trail on uphills. The float rubber tip looks great even under a strong magnifying glass. I searched around but couldn't find another thread with this exact problem. as i said it only floods on uphill inclines. I will probabley replace the float needle but wonder if there is anything else to do or look for while the carb is apart. thanks for any help.

bob

Just losing fuel on uphills? Sounds like float level to me. Check that while you're replacing the needle.

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
I had a problem with mine doing similar. I had just put in a new needle and adjusted float level a few months ago. I found a ring of goopy slime on needle and seat. I ride the bike often so I dont think it was an old gas problem. We live close (Phoenix area). Maybe its the additives in the gas we use here. I use Maxxima 927, could have been a reaction to something in the oil/fuel?

Top Bottom