Getting more out of the ktm suspension/thoughts on a yz?

renshaii

May 11, 2003
Hey guys, well after a hard crash over the weekend, and a broken jaw I have some time to think about what went wrong (2-3 months). I believe I would have had a much better chance at avoiding the crash if my bike, a 2001 ktm 200exc had half as good of suspension as my dad's 2002 wrf250. So is it possible to get the KTM suspended as well as the wrf, or ideally better? The ktm currently has valving from dick's racing suspension, and am just about as good as I can get out of the clickers. The wrf250 I am refering to is totally stock, and feels much better over all terrain then the KTM does.

Would something like a 2001 or newer YZ be a better platform to start with for a better suspended trail bike?

Thanks guys

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
there's no reason i know of why your bike shouldn't be better than a wr. i have an 02 300exc that dick's set up for dezert/enduro (with the APS fork mod) and it's pretty bomber. best forks i've ever ridden. i also have an 04 250 with revalve be PRS in utah. feels pretty similar.

i'd start by talking to dick. tell him how much you like the wr suspension. that may give him some better clues on your riding style, abilities, preferences, etc....

plenty of guys go really really really fast on ktm's set up by dick's racing, so there must be something going on.

mw

Top Bottom