Getting over the fear of big jumps

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
Ok, I have been doing doubles and table tops since I got my bike, no biggie. But there is this one up hill triple that I cannot muster up the courage to hit. It is soo frustrating when my friends triple, and I have to double,single. How does everyone get over the fear of big jumps? I know I can do it, but I just can't convince my self to try, and I know I shouldn't try it if I am going to hesistate right before I jump, because the will cause the bikes nose to drop.
Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?
Thanx,
Chris

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Well you know you and you bike can do it. Watch other people and then without thinking of it to much go out and calming just gas it and go over it.

HAzE

Uhhh...
Dec 29, 2000
Jumps.......

Just go for it. That's what I do, I just go faster and faster, and then I'm like I'm tired of slowing down, I'm F*** this, why not? (Sorry about the language) If you make it, you know how to do it, if you don't well you're screwed, but then you know you have to go faster next time:p Well, later.

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
I did the jump!

Well, yesterday I went out the track on a mission, to conquer the great triple.
After a couple of good warm up laps, I decided to myself that I wasn't getting off the track till I did that jump. So, without thinking about it, I just nailed it in 3rd, hit 4th right before take and over shot the jump about 5 feet.But I was stoked I just did the jump, so I started hitting the jump pinned in 3rd, and shifting into 4th in the air, so when I land I can just take off. My imagination got the best of me on this one, the jump wasn't as scary as some doubles I done. But thanx everyone for the advice everyone, I now have alot more confidence in my self.
LATER,
Chris

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
Feels Great

It feels real good now that when all my friend hit that triple, I can hit it also, and keep right up with them:) ,After doing that jump the first time, I really got alot of "atta boy" from everyone I ride with. It really is fun. I didn't want to leave last night. Probably the best day of riding yet.
LATER,
Chris:cool:

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
Yeah, ive found that when im alone on a section of track i am soooo slow, but when i see people rippin by me and i just pour it on and do what there doing and sometimes they find me passing them. Imagine you see a kid doing 2nd gear on a sweeper and you pass him flying in 4th only to be passed by him in the turn. I can clear all the jumps at my local track because i just follow people and pretend like im on a little straight, not a big bad rutted rough dangerous mx track.

Top Bottom