spoiler Glen Helen finally back outdoors

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
What a race ttrack was great- rutted and rough.
Reed ran where I figured he belonged 4th and 3rd
Nice ride by Alessi second moto now he needs to work on some endurance because Vilopoto was on fire and looks to be the new guy to set the pace that nobody is going to hang with this season.

I didn't see or hear the lites but figure Dungey is back in his element now that the ballet season is over and the battling starts.

BTW where was Jflaw- hangover or just chicken? I know there is probably some good reason he wasn't out there but those are my first choices

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
here's what I found out:

We just learned that Jason Lawrence will not race today at Glen Helen due to complications with the injury he sustained earlier this week. At a KTLA press shoot, Jason wrecked and took the handlebars to the abdomen. He has continued to endure pain, and after a visit to the Asterisk Medical Unit, he received advisement from Doc Bodnar to go to the hospital and have his spleen checked out…He worries that his spleen may be bruised.

J-man

May 16, 2007
Also i thought good old K-DUB was ganna race the first race. What happened to him? I was really hoping he would be out there this season.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Davey Coombs style racing? So far so good! The racing was awesome. I do not remember the last time watching such deep battles, especially the lites! I gotta dig up that RV for president thread again. Unbelievable at least! I have been waiting for this to happen, RV is for real! No, wait a minute, Barcia who? And look at him go! And he does it again in the second moto? Great racing, good riddance SX.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Hell ya! Great racin'! So good to see RV and Mike up front lettin' it all hang out. I love Ryan's style. I agree with Oldguy, Chad's a sub podium outdoor rider. Looks like a good season to come.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Dunno man, Reed looked solid. A couple more weeks outdoors, and he might mix it up.
Love the RV - MA battle revival. Awesome racing all around. RV will take the title.

I also wondered where K-Dub was?

Good riddance to the Stewart - Brooks media mind games...I don't care if he doesn't race at all. Actually, if he shows up, he'll just screw with the championship...I genuinly dislike ONE OFF appearances at that level.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
_JOE_ said:
I agree with Oldguy, Chad's a sub podium outdoor rider.

Do you two forget that Chad was a consistent podium rider only beat by RC and Stewart the last time he did outdoors? He had a couple of hours testing prior to Glen Helen, my guess is within a few weeks he will be battling for wins on a regular basis.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The racing was great! Outstanding action. They keep up that type of excitement, and Bubba won't be missed much.

Saw the first moto for each class live on the internet, then 450 Moto 2 on TV. Bailey and Wiegandt were a nice change from Shaheen and Fro.

That track is so brutal. I think Alessi had a great showing. He made a few mistakes and RV was on fire.

I think Alessi's conditioning is pretty darn good without much room for improvement. RV is just better. I don't think Alessi is going to lay down, though. He'll put up a fight all season.

Nice to have Chad in the mix, too.

And the Lites were ridiculous! Awesome to have the foreingers and the young'uns stepping up. That rookie kid was sensational. When he adjusts to the longer motos, watch out!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
MA did have the fastest laptime? His horrendous crash at Redbud happened right in front of me! I will be in the same spot, again! We have renamed that roller after the ski jump, thats where MA almost got killed! It was really cool seeing the kids from lites seemingly doing well with the transition. And these 2 guys from the FIM are for real in the lites. There was quite a few laps on the wire where 1st through 9th were within a second on their lap times! Come on Tuesday afternoon cst for the lites race!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
In speed, RV vs. Aless reminds me of Carmicheal vs. Stewart - Ricky's fastest lap might be 0.5 seconds behind Stewart, but Carmichael will lap within 2 seconds of that time all day long, while JBS might vary by 5 seconds during the race.

RV just maintains 'almost the fastest lap speed' all day long. Big advantage at the end of a long, brutal moto.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The track and layout was the best I have seen from that venue. But, we will see the 2nd moto of lites tomorrow! I really like switching the order up, them kids need the rougher track!

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
After hearing/reading Larry Brooks talk he's beginning to remind me of Don King.JS seems to be making a big mistake with him.Hope he doesn't end up like Mike Tyson.I guess Big James will see that doesn't happen.I have a rough time believing he's not defending a number 1 plate.Dumba$$ move in my opinion.But in spite of all the crap the racing is great.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Other than the seemingly bizarre/wussy contractual obligation from his sponsor, the same one that sidelined CR last year? JBS could walk in round 3 and still take it? Now that kind of drama his manger may be up to? After the sx season, I will NEVER use his name(manager)again! And there is hope that Big Bubba steps in and wipes his son's face again, sponsor? JBS entertainment!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
IMO, it was a mistake for the defending outdoor champ to sign an SX only contract.

Clearly, the SX class is where the money is. That alone sucks for us outdoor fans.

My guess is JBS figured he would sort out an outdoor deal later. He figured that due to his speed and high profile and newly minted SX title, he would command the highest pay check of any rider (can't blame him for expecting that). After SX, he started to pull the deals together on short notice and found out what his sponsors were willing to pay was more like Andrew Short money when he was expecting JBS SX money.

For Bubba, taking a summer off is probaby worth more to him than busting his ass for $xxx,xxx base.

BTW, anyone notice Chad's little digs about how he is 'there to support the sport'? lol, Are you listening Bubba? Chad is attempting to get into Bubba's head for the '10 SX season.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ha, that is good! That was so cool when RV came up hard to the inside and drove right past CR! Not quite wiping his goggles with his front tire mind you, way better!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
TRexRacing said:
Yeah Alessi needs some gym work

In comparison to RV? I don't think gym work is as much an issue as just figuring out how to stay focused the entire time and put in lap after lap the same speed.

e3eb6547-9e42-403d-84b5-1fa6c8109694l.jpg

mike-alessi.jpg

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Ivan - not sure I want to know how you found those photos. ;)

During the webcast, Bailey commented that Alessi has apparently been hitting the gym. He said he looked like a Navy Seal with his shirt off.

IMO, Alessi is giving it his all and it looks like he is recovered from last year's injury.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Chili said:
Do you two forget that Chad was a consistent podium rider only beat by RC and Stewart the last time he did outdoors? He had a couple of hours testing prior to Glen Helen, my guess is within a few weeks he will be battling for wins on a regular basis.
I dunno, he looks really uncomfortable when the track gets rough and he has to push it(at least he didn't get stuck :nener: ). I guess time will tell once he gets some seat time. Either way, RV was on fire and he looks up to the challenge. I'm really looking forward to this season.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Off subject alert! Bring on the real time telemetry from sensors on the race bikes. The mph, 3d mapping, the g force, and the brakes and throttle. Not even in practice? I do not get that. Where were the announcers pulling these 75 mph numbers from? The one area left, that other motor sports use and benefit from. Nice photos Ivan, race shape versus girl friend shape? Is the female with RV anyone we know? That was nice of Speed to show Danielle with MA? That tank slapper they showed him doing in the lead on a really gnarly uphill was, from the bottom view, almost big trouble! And he collected his self fine, and didn't get in trouble when RV passed him.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
dirt bike dave said:
Ivan - not sure I want to know how you found those photos. ;)

LOL!

I just remember there was a thread on another site about how RV looked a little pudgy so I did a quick google search and there was the pic.

I want to see some good racing this year and so far it looks like things will end up being very enjoyable.

Ivan

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Regardless of how he looks he faded as time went on.His time off healing from multiple serious injuries hurt his endurance.Seat time will fix it.Villipoto has great endurance and it will only get better as the season goes on providing he stays injury free.I'm not criticizing Alessi in any way it's just healing took it's toll on endurance.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
TRexRacing said:
Regardless of how he looks he faded as time went on.His time off healing from multiple serious injuries hurt his endurance.Seat time will fix it.Villipoto has great endurance and it will only get better as the season goes on providing he stays injury free.I'm not criticizing Alessi in any way it's just healing took it's toll on endurance.

During the SX season RV missed more rounds due to illness and injury than Alessi.

I really doubt it is a fitness issue as much as a mental focus issue.

Alessi has not had to heal much this year unless I have missed something.

Ivan

Ando400

May 2, 2002
I wouldn't write Chad off just yet. By my reckoning this is only his second MX race in over two years, he didn't really start testing until late in the SX season, he took time off after the SX season, and yet he still set the third fastest lap time of the day.

If the gnarlier tracks are not his strength then he may have figured that he wasn't going to win anyway. All things considered I reckon he's probably happy with the way the race went.

Top Bottom