Yzed-250F

Nov 10, 2000
I ride and race a well maintained YZ-250F. At the last Valley Motosports Friday night race (Fondulac), while on the starting line warming up the bike, I noticed my head pipe was glowing red. In addition to just finishing a race, I warmed it up probably two minutes longer than usual due to delays on the gate. I have never noticed this before. The only difference weather wise was about 15 degrees warmer than the other races. Never-the-less, the bike still ran great all night...as usual, I checked the plug before the race and it looked perfect. I have not checked it afterwards yet. Jetting is stock, I've tweaked the air screws and it runs great.

Could this simply be a result of the combination of the warmer weather and excessive warm up time?

Danny8785

Jul 23, 2001
Most fourstrokes will do that if left to warm up with the choke on. I have seen many XR's do that warming up without the choke! I would think that Your high compresion high preformance MX fourstroke would do that even worse than an XR. I dont think you should worry about it, but then again i dont know for sure. Dont just go on my opinon.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's normal when you let it sit and idle for too long. No worries.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom