Goggles restricting my breathing..Help!

chiro972

Dec 12, 2002
OK, so when I wear my Thor/Scott goggles, I can't breathe through my nose. They seem to be pressed between the top of the helmet opening and my nose and just close it off.

Are there any goggles out there that don't do this? Preferably ones with the ability to have tear offs for when they get mudded up in the middle of a moto.

Any help would be appreciated.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I wear Spy goggles with an HJC helmet, and I don't have that problem. My son wears the same goggles with a Fly (used to wear HJC) youth helmet. I am not sure if your problem is in the goggles, or the helmet, since all helmets are cut differently. Perhaps you could test fit a few different goggles from friends, or take your helmet in when you are shopping, to see if you can find something that fits better.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Scott's do that to me too...nose pinchers. Oakley's work well for me, with any helmet I've had.......Bell, HJC, M2R.

Jun 28, 2006
chiro972 said:
OK, so when I wear my Thor/Scott goggles, I can't breathe through my nose. They seem to be pressed between the top of the helmet opening and my nose and just close it off.

Are there any goggles out there that don't do this? Preferably ones with the ability to have tear offs for when they get mudded up in the middle of a moto.

Any help would be appreciated.

Everybody has different size and shaped nose/forehead. If you have the larger size nose the Spy goggles are the best I found.

motogurl

Apr 5, 2004
Me and a few friends had that same problem... we cut down the foam in the area of the nose and it worked fine. I went to Steel this year... They are fairly new company. Love the goggles!

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
What model of Scott/Thor goggles? I wear the model 83/89 and they fit me fine with no breathing issues. I wear an XL helmet and a 7 3/8 hat. I have a fat head, lol.

Have you tried loosening the goggle straps? This might relieve some pressure on the bridge of your nose?

Top Bottom