NWKX250

Mar 17, 2005
I've been wearing a pair of older O'neal Element boots that I bought when I had my quad (Raptor 660r) which had no kick start. The O'neal boots suck for my KX250. There flimsy and after every ride my arch is bruised from kicking the bike over on the trails (I know, dont stall it and you wouldnt have to kick it). The trails we ride are tight, wet and very technical. A 12 mile loop today took a few of us close to 2 hours (we're no where close to good trail riders yet). So, to my question, what boot, if any, has a better sole with good support for 33 year old feet? I'd like to keep it under 200 bones if possible. I like the looks of the Thor Quadrants or the Fox Pro Forma's and Oxtar lineup.
Sorry for the post about boots in this section, but I wanted more exposure then in the products section. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I've started my bike in a pair of sandals. :) I guess it depends on how you place your foot on the kick starter. I prefer to use the ball of my foot compared to others who tend to use the arch.

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
I had a pair of the O’Neal Elements and upgraded to the Thor Quadrants and they are easily 3 times better than the O’Neal’s in every way I can think of for only $30 more. I recently ran across a brand new pair of white Alpinestars Tech 8's for $165.00 and snagged them. (sorry guys no more to be had at this price). I have about 5 hours (3 rides) on the Alpinestars and the Tech 8's are better than the Thors but not 3 times better like the price difference would lead you to believe. I guess time will tell. From your list the Thors would get my vote.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Th ONeal emements are really wimpy. Mine lasted a very short time. I now own Alpine star Tech 6's. These boots are great. Very stiff and somewhat difficult to deal with in the first few rides. The stiff boot also puts a lot of stress on the knees. I have days when my knees will not tolerate the stiff boots. I have had ten knee surgeries total. On those days I wear the ARC corona. The boot is only 79.00 but is as good as the top of the line 200.00 O'Neals. You'll notice many of the same pieces used on both boots.

I have looked at the ARC MX220v. That boot is incredibly well built. If you can live without a cool name, that boot looks excellent.

NWKX250

Mar 17, 2005
Well, I went to the largest shop in my area, its where I bought my ZX10r and my KX. They didnt have size 13 in many boots. I tried on the Oxtar's and the Tech 8's in 12, but a bit too snug. Additionally, the price was too high for how much I ride. We ride two out of three weekends and mostly very slow, knarly, technical trails and gravel pit. I really wanted the Oxtars and could of waited, but ended up with a pair of the Thor Quadrants. Comfy boot, fit my foot well and I like the rubber/plastic instep on the inside of the boot. Its right where I put a whole in my old boots. With the money I saved I bought a quick release kit for my goggles and a pair of Thor "ride" waterproof pants. Thanks for the replies and help on this subject, I know via the search feature, its a topic that is discussed a lot!

Top Bottom