Apr 30, 2007
Someone help (Actually...please don't).

315954_2470965729407_1110271946_32929550_1641664854_n.jpg

A 2008 CRF150RB just followed me home this weekend.

Why? Well...I had to have one...I think. I rode one at the end of this season and well...Coming off that beast of a CR250, the keep-it-in-3rd-pinned-in-the-tight-corners-throw-me-anywhere-ability was just too awesome to not have. :)

Mind you, the 250's not going anywhere. But with a big bore kit and some other goodies, next year, the women's class is just going to be one goonish joy ride after the other.

Yes, this will seem hypocritical after all my put-down posts about the weight and performance and price and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head concerning the 4-stroke racers, BUT I'm quite impressed and in love with this new little ride.

Any immediate suggestions?

Apr 30, 2007
About the only performance mods I'm considering will be suspension (first priority) and a big bore kit (pending funds and time).

As per the usual, I am obligated to put black plastics and those adjustable brake and clutch levers on it, as that has sorta become my signature look (I also have short fingers).

Maybe when I get rich someday (ha!), I'll try one of those awesome Service Honda 250 Jr.s!

Have I attained "high roller" status? I don't know.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
justalonewolf007 said:
About the only performance mods I'm considering will be suspension (first priority) and a big bore kit (pending funds and time).

As per the usual, I am obligated to put black plastics and those adjustable brake and clutch levers on it, as that has sorta become my signature look (I also have short fingers).

Maybe when I get rich someday (ha!), I'll try one of those awesome Service Honda 250 Jr.s!

Have I attained "high roller" status? I don't know.

One thing I highly recommend, if you intend to keep it long and ride it often, is a shim kit for the valves. At $80+ it seems like a very expensive purchase, however, when you need to shim the valves, you'll wish you had the kit. Especially since you live about 500 miles from anywhere.

Last time I had to adjust valves and didn't have a kit, after 3 trips to the bike shop to get a different shim, I was convinced.

Apr 30, 2007
IndyMX said:
One thing I highly recommend, if you intend to keep it long and ride it often, is a shim kit for the valves. At $80+ it seems like a very expensive purchase, however, when you need to shim the valves, you'll wish you had the kit. Especially since you live about 500 miles from anywhere.

Last time I had to adjust valves and didn't have a kit, after 3 trips to the bike shop to get a different shim, I was convinced.

That doesn't sound stupid at all. I do live about 450 miles from everywhere though. Not 500.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom