srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
My husband convinced me to go practice at a track we race at through the year. I thought it was a little unusual for us to go there since it was 110 miles from our house. Naive me didn't put two and two together and the dealer, who is from that town, had my CRF250X out there for me. I was very intimidated by how tall it was, but once I got on it, it was great! The power was something I was concerned about coming off my TTR. It was so smooth and didn't have a "hit" but It sure can get going! We slid up the front forks and backed out the rear suspension 10 turns and it is almost perfect for me. (5'3 130lb w/gear Non-jumper, too old)

After 5 to 6 laps on the track I was just as fast over single jumps, faster through the straights/whoops, but I still haven't gotten used to the different center of gravity in turns just yet. I doubt it will take long though. I had to let several people try it and I think the Honda dealer will be selling a couple more!!!

I have been looking for a new bike for a year. We tried several different bikes but nothing seemed right. I'm glad I waited. This is the one for me! :yeehaw:

Susan

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
MrLuckey said:
What other bikes did you try out and how does your 250x compare? Does it feel heavy after coming off the TTR? Start easy? Details, we need details lol

I tried an 03 KX125, 03 CR125, 00 CR125, 01 KX250, 03 KX100 and an 03 CRF150.
All the two strokes scared me and I couldn't get the hang of the powerband. I kept the 00 CR125 for a week and rode it almost everyday thinking I would get used to it, but never did. The CRF150 was slightly better than my TTR but I figured if I was going to get a new bike I wanted a bigger step up than that.

The only time I noticed the extra weight is trying to push it in the pits. I did notice I needed to keep the throttle on a little more over jumps than my TTR because the extra weight really makes my front end drop quick. I rode it for several laps in a row and wasn't tired at all. When I had the 125, I could only get 2 or 3 laps in before I was too wore out to keep going.

The electric start fired up first push every time. It was a cool 55 degrees out so I didn't need to use the hot start button. I did stall it in one corner and before I put my foot down I pulled in the clutch, hit the button and away I went! I did try to start it witht he kickstarter but I can't get enough range of motion to start it. I'm too short.

The bottom end torque is awesome. On my TTR I could never pass in turns because I couldn't get enough giddy up when I needed it. I was able to make several passes in the corners on the CRF because it hooks up so well and gets on the gas immediately. I had no handling problems and it turned alot shorter than I expected. We may need to play with the suspension to dial it in a little more,but I am going to ride it for awhile stock so I can tell what it's doing. I figured it would take several weeks to get used to the extra power and bigger bike, but it seemed like no time at all that I was going as fast as my TTR that I've had for 18 months.

It has a gripper seat that I don't care too much for. (Gripper seat + sweaty body = :moon: ) Oh well. If that's the only thing I can complain about I'm good!!!
Susan

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Congrats on the new bike, Susan! Sounds like you picked a winner!! Enjoy!

:thumb:

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
The parts guys at a dealer i was at was showing me that bike, looks nice! The electric start seems to be the nicest addition to a 4 stroke bike.

Top Bottom