GPR stabilizer...no show for KDX

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I emailed GPR concerning availability of a GPR stabilizer for my '03 KDX200. They replied and said they don't make a kit for this bike.

I don't remember seeing any other KDX-flavored kits on their website, so I don't think it is just a year issue...looks like it is either a Scotts or a WER for the KDX.

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
Your lucky!!

If I were to buy a scotts over here its nearly £450!! You guys are paying less than half that!!!

Anyone wanna send me a gift :)

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
demon, I'm sure some one would buy parts for you and send them to the land down under for you.I think the dollar exchange works in your favor. My wife;s extended family is from Aussie and when they come here they buy everything is site because of the exchange rate/prices. Theiir coming for xmas this year.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Howdy,

I ended up with a Scotts but when I was researching stabilizers, they did offer these for the KDX:

GPR v1.0
Kawasaki 00-02 KDX 200/220 Std Bar Stabilizer Kit
Kawasaki 99-02 KDX220 Fat Bar Stabilizer Kit
Kawasaki 99-02 KDX220 Std Bars Stabilizer Kit

Looking at their current website, they must've dropped offerings for the KDX and the KLX.

Best,
Greg

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Hmmm.... Jason, you quoted me word for word! What a master of interpetation you are! :laugh:

Pretty simple to find out.... right click on ther flag and select properties if you don't know! Now the L thing is different.... ;)

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I guess you would call them "posers"? :laugh:

I have the Scotts and works so well I don't even know it's there... but my bones do! In and out of ruts without even thinking about.... what a great piece of machinery!

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I have a few friends with GPR's on their KDX's. You just have to have a new top triple clamp to mount it.....................Of course with the Scott's you do too.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Braahp said:
I have a few friends with GPR's on their KDX's. You just have to have a new top triple clamp to mount it.....................Of course with the Scott's you do too.

Yep, but you also need the post that attaches to the steering head tube (either the collar that goes around or one that welds on) for the arm to swing on. If GPR doesn't make either of the posts any more for a KDX then that could be a problem. I haven't seen an aftermarket one of those.

Best,
Greg

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
dixie said:
The one's that fit the KX-250 will also fit the KDX the post are rubber monted and spaces are the same.

Now are you talking about the top bar clamp/bar mounts or the post on the steering head? The stabilizer body bolts onto the top barclamp and the bottom bar mounts are/can be rubber mounted onto the triple clamp. The bar mount spacings are the same width as a KX The stabilizer has an arm that pivots (that's where the damping comes in) on another post that is either welded onto the frame or is part of a collar that goes around the top of the steering head. If the OD of the KX steering head is different, then the collar won't just bolt on and you'd have to weld.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I'm a little confused here. I bought a GPR from http://www.cyclebuy.com/ just about six months ago. I bought the complete kit with stablilizer, triple clamp, bar mount, post and my choice of handle bars for around 450.00. I got the 1.0 version in my choice of colors. Have they stopped making it sense then? Give these guys a call. They were some of the most helpful people I've ever dealt with. Also, GPR has the best service, hands down. They will rebuild it once per year for FREE! I damaged mine and sent it back. They rebuilt it and shipped it back, no charge. I'll never buy any other kind, just for this reason.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
r6demon said:
If I were to buy a scotts over here its nearly £450!! You guys are paying less than half that!!!

Anyone wanna send me a gift :)

My supplier will ship to the uk direct of you want. Price is US$385 for the scotts plus shipping.

Phil

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
bcVulcan said:
I'm a little confused here. I bought a GPR from http://www.cyclebuy.com/ just about six months ago. I bought the complete kit with stablilizer, triple clamp, bar mount, post and my choice of handle bars for around 450.00. I got the 1.0 version in my choice of colors. Have they stopped making it sense then? QUOTE]

The never did make it for the 2004. The 2004 gas tank s different enough for the 2003 mount not to work.

Phil

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
Oooo!!

1tontj said:
My supplier will ship to the uk direct of you want. Price is US$385 for the scotts plus shipping.

Phil

Phil, is this including the fixing kit and will it fit the KDX200 1990 E2

What do you reckon shipping will be??

Will it be sent as a gift as if not there is no point as I will be stung for taxes!!

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
trailryder said:
rethnal- lighten up friend, it was a joke.You must admit they do look alike.?

Er..... not really? Aussie flag has stars on it.... Jokes are usually followed by a ;) or :laugh: You know how sensitive us KDX riders are! :debil:

Top Bottom