GPR stabilizer...no show for KDX

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
r6demon said:
Phil, is this including the fixing kit and will it fit the KDX200 1990 E2

What do you reckon shipping will be??

Will it be sent as a gift as if not there is no point as I will be stung for taxes!!

Yeah, tell them Phil Jensen sent you and you would like it marked GIFT and sent with a personal name, not a business name.

Shipping to the UK? Try this link to find out. www.usps.com

If you want to buy the stabilizer, then contact:

Central Alabama Motorsports in Clanton, AL.
205-280-0601
fax: 205-280-0920 (I like to fax them a typed page saying what I want to order, and all the special shipping details, then call them. Sometimes the phone lines there are busy, just use auto redial)

Tell them Phil Jensen sent you for the $385 scotts stabilizer.
Tell them you want it shipped by USPS air mail parcel post, and that you want the value marked at half, and marked gift with a personal name, not a business name on it.

Then you will be billed US$385 plus the ACTUAL cost of the shipping (no shipping inflation like most places).

USPS is the best choice as it does not charge crazy fees for brokerage like UPS does. air mail is like $20 probably and is 4-10 days to you. Global express mail should be less than $30 and it takes 3-5 days to you. Check the usps site to decide what you like best.

Plus if you want other parts - do the same as I do:
Compare the price of shiping it to you from Alabama against buying it locally. Alabama wins every time for me.

Perhaps you will become a regular customer as I have.

Hope that helps.

Phil Jensen

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
A couple of months ago my local dealer told me GPR stopped making the KDX model because they were not selling. He was offering a deal on one he had in stock, but I already had a WER.

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
I have just checked with Scotts and they only offer dampers for 95 models onwards?? :(

There goes that plan! Thanks anyway 1tontj it was a good idea.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Get the weld on bracket, and take a six pack of beer to your local welder!

Phil
I would weld it for you for free myself if you were here...

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
r6demon said:
If I were to buy a scotts over here its nearly £450!! You guys are paying less than half that!!!
Anyone wanna send me a gift :)

HOLY CRAP! I was curious what that was in US dollars so I looked it up. That is over US$830 !!!

Wow - that is crazy considering it only costs $20-$30 to ship and the wholesale on it is likely just over $300 or so...

Are tires and exhaust, and other standard parts rediculously expensive over there too, or just stabilizers because no one has heard of them?

Phil

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
r6demon said:
I have just checked with Scotts and they only offer dampers for 95 models onwards?? :(

There goes that plan! Thanks anyway 1tontj it was a good idea.

Where did you check at? I checked at Scotts site and it says you can get one for your bike!

Quoted from www.scottsperformance.com

The weld on kit is specific to a certain bike with consideration for which combination of bars/triple clamps are being used. The frame bracket is a universal weldable tower that can be adjusted to accomodate different height applications. The weld on tower is very narrow and compact lending itself to the more difficult mounting options. Weld on towers are normally a stronger option and removal of a weld on tower is quite simple. Each kit includes a Stabilizer, handlebar bracket, weld-on tower, instruction manual and applicable bolts.

Weld-On Complete Kit for a 1990 Kawasaki KDX 200
with Standard Bars, Stock Triple Clamps, Position Most Common, Computer? No

Weld-On Complete Kit - $399.95

Bolt-On Complete Kit for a 1990 Kawasaki KDX 200
with Standard Bars, Stock Triple Clamps, Position Most Common, Computer? No

Bolt-On Complete Kit - $429.95

Using a computer is the same price and most dealers have them drop shipped directly from Scotts like mine was but you save some L's.... :laugh:

Top Bottom