Roostingu

Jan 7, 2000
I ride tomahawk north and south and some of the UP loops drummond Island, Birch Hill , Foreman Lake I have tracks on my Garmin GPS-12 an older model with no maps just simple track points. I now have a Garmin GPS Map 60 cx and I am looking for downloads of these areas. I know CCC of Michigan has these on a CD but I am not a member and cant afford $50
$30 membership and $20 CD and I really don't know what is on the CD.
Anyone got these maps for download I would appeciate it.

Thanks Jeff
If I had I would gladly share.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hi Jeff. I have the ccc disks. But cant make a copy. They are really nice disks with lots of good info on them. The ccc guys (ie 2trackr on this board) Put a lot of hard work into it. Good stuff.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
If you can download those tracks to a PC from the old GPS you should be able to still use them in the new one. That said I have the ccc disc as well and it's worth the cost IMO. Not to mention if you ride up here regularly it doesn't hurt to support the ccc to help protect and expand the trail system. My 1 yr old daughter is a member and she won't be riding for several years yet.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I have the CCC trail map CD, and used it with my Garmin eTrex Legend C around the Wolverine area this past summer. It came in pretty handy when we missed a turn on a road, and ended up about 5 miles from the trail. The CCC trail maps got us back on track pretty quick. We weren't lost for long, and avoided running out of gas trying to figure out where we were. The CCC maps also contain locations of trailhead parking lots and gas stations.

If you ride a lot of the ORV trails in Michigan, I'd suspect that it'd more than pay for itself. $50 seems like a lot, but consider what you spend to ride a single weekend.

It cannot be distributed free of charge on the internet... I believe that it was 1 guy (Jeramey Valley, CCC Mapping Coordinator) who spent hundreds of hours over several months (years?) (without pay!) recording the maps, writing the documentation, producing the CDs, etc. Contact Jeramey (2TrakR) here on DRN for more detailed info / questions. See if he'll send you the 6 page Read Me document that comes on the CD. It has instructions and full descriptions of features and functionality.

Attached below is a small sample, showing the ORV trails on Drummond (red arrows).

Attachments

• CCC_GPS_Map.jpg
    CCC_GPS_Map.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 264

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Jeff,

Thanks for offering to share. $400 for a GPS and another $50 is out of the question?
Email me & I'll see how I can help ya.
jvalley@mac.com

Contents of the CCC Member Map CD are summed up pretty well here:
http://www.gldsmc.org/cccmembermapcd.html
Sample GPS screens, sample maps, etc. are also linked on that page.

Anyways, the CCC isn't selling it to make money, the $20 is to cover disc production & mailing costs. If you really can't afford it, we can help.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
2Trkr I have no problem with you charging this modest amount for your hard work, but if the only reason for the charge is to pay for burning the cd and shipping then why not just put the tracks up on a website as a free download and save everyone the hassle? Maybe ask for a voluntary small donation and still be ahead since then your cost is nill.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
IMHO, the CCC is not out of line to request membership and a small charge for the CD.
The CCC's efforts are instrumental in ensuring our riding rights!
You can afford several thousand dollars for a dirtbike, $400 plus for a new GPS, a hundred or so per weekend going places to ride, then try to scam the riding community for a $50 CD -- PRICELESS.

What a moron. :coocoo:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Now now Magoo there is no need for name callin. Jeff is probably just not aware of all the time, work and money guys like Jeremy, you and others put into our sport to support the trails and events so we all have good places to ride.

Roostingu

Jan 7, 2000
Wow I have not been on here since yesterday I just want to say that I did not know what was on the CD's after seeing just what I have seen on here I agree that $20 is not out of line and I do want to support an organization that supports our rights and does trail maintence and adding new trails as I have seen in the wolverine area, when the ATV and even 4wheel drive idiots are out on what was once single track they came in and ran new single track close to the section that was ruined. Bottom line I am sorry for my original post and will be waiting next to a big mudhole for my punishment.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
bbarel - it's free for the members of the CCC. It's an incentive to join that organization and help support the sport. Plus, these are not just track logs, they are full-on digital maps for use with Garmin mapping GPS units, plus the tracks, plus DLG based PDF maps of the mapbook.

If it were just on the web for free, then any yahoo could get them and they would not have the opportunity to learn how to be a positive contributing member to the ORV community. By joining the CCC they get 12 magazines with articles and information about the sport that may help them, along with the opportunity to network with fellow ORV Users and participate at various events.
Not that the CCC is the be-all end-all organization for ORVs in Michigan, but they had the mapbook of trails initially (which I recreated/updated with the GPS data into it's current form) so it makes more sense to associate it with them.. Guess I'm trying to say that I'll share with others, especially if they are already involved with another group (say an active LMC member for example). My offer to Jeff was genuine, just give me a shout.

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Magoo,

RoostingU just needed a little educating from the educated!

I ask you cut my buddie a break. He really does appreciate all the hard work the CCC does!!! I should have explained to him how much work was put into those cd's.

"Moron" may have been a hair premature!
:)
:cool:
Looking forward to riding w/u next season!

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
2TrakR said:
it's free for the members of the CCC.
I don't make the rides anymore since I've been doing enduros, but I've joined just to get the awesome map book ,and now you get GPS tracks too. Bonus! Those things alone are worth the cost of membership.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
PB - bring your buddy Jeff to an enduro or trailride in 2007 and introduce him to the MTR group.
Da Yoopers must be a little on edge with no snow......

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
F+S,
I brought Jeff and his son to Harrison last year! He didn't get very far but had a great time! Matter of fact, I think they went off a couple of rows right in front of you and Freddy.

There is a good chance they will probably try a few more w/us this year. We will be running 5-6 races of D-14 series this year and I think they will join us on a few!

I'll bring him by to socialize w/you guys a bit more this year!

Top Bottom