greasing "O" rings for the exhaust pipe

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hi,
I just installed a FMF fatty on my 2001 kx250 and wanted too know if it is a good idea to lightly grease the o rings that go into the manifold?? Thanks in advance for your help..
RIck

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for the replies, im gonna try some molybdenum grease..
Thanks
Rick

JAMRACING

Apr 21, 2000
Using high temp silicone will not only seal the pipe, but it will stop it from rattling and wallowing out the hole the pipe sits in. It was done on my 95' KX250, and the hole was so wallowed, it was scary. On my 99', it quieted the whole bike down (good thing, since KX's have "death rattles" anyway), and didn't "spooge" out the front.
Oh yeah, remember to clean the whole thing with mineral spirits before installing.
Try it, you'll like it. I guarantee it!

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
The best I found is like KiDX said. Use silicone scealant but not the gasket one. Use the cheap one for windows etc... on both pipe joints. It is easy to remove and it makes for a clean and quiet bike. Amazing:) . If you use the gasket silicone, you will have a hard time removing it.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
The main reason you grease an Oring before assembly is only to keep the Oring from cutting or twisting and possibly rolling itself out of its groove .

Top Bottom